Chapter 12 - Celebration

It had been about a week since the tulkun had returned and tonight would be just like most others that week. But that night would also be different than most as well as they were meeting in celebration. The two were to meet each other at the reef, ready to ride to a small, isolated island not too far from Awa'atlu.

Once Aonung had arrived at the reef he had noticed Neteyam holding something under his arm, a picnic basket. "What have you got there, Teyam?"
"Oh, just a little surprise."

——

Aonung sat in front of Neteyam on his ilu as they rode towards the island. They rode gently above the surface of the water, careful so that the basket that Neteyam carried did not get wet.

——

Once they arrived at the island Neteyam placed the basket on the floor before leaning down and opening. From inside he pulled a woven picnic blanket that he quickly spread across the ground. He place the basket in the middle of the blanket and sat next to it, shortly joined by Aonung.

Neteyam reached into the basket before starting to abstract the food he had prepared for them earlier that day.

They sat, fingers intertwined between them, eating while talking between bites.

——

They arrived back at the island far into eclipse, everyone else seeming to be asleep already. They parted ways at the walkway, Aonung placing a 'goodbye kiss' on Neteyam's cheek and then each heading to their own huts.

Neteyam slipped into his hut and straight to his bed, sliding under his cover. He couldn't help but smile to himself as he fell into a deep sleep.

————————————————

Not gunna lie I literally lost most of my motivation to write the past few days but I'm slowly starting to get it back. This chapter took me like 3 days to write and is mostly just a filler more than anything. Should hopefully get back to posting regularly in a couple of days.
XX