Chapter 16 - Start

Aonung sat atop his ilu, Rotxo and Tsireya at his side upon their own. They both floated at the surface of the water listening as silently as they could as the Sully brothers argued.

"No way you're running out of here baby brother."
"I have to warn Payakan about the pingers."
"No, you've got to keep your skxawng ass here." Neteyam raised his hands as he spoke, emphasising his words. "He's outcast. There's no one to warn him but me." He placed his hand on Lo'ak's head, patting it. "Bro, why do you have to make things so hard?"

Lo'ak shoved his brother's hand from his head, looking him in the eye. "You mean why can't I be the perfect son like you? The perfect little soldier. Well I'm not you, Okay!" Neteyam moved closer to his brother, an frustrated look on his face. "I'm not you. He's my brother, I'm going."
"Oh, he's your brother. No I'm your brother." His look turned to one of hurt as he gripped Lo'ak's arm.

The younger shook off the hold and turned to dive. "Lo'ak!" He dived anyways not caring for his brother's words.

Aonung, Tsireya and Rotxo jumped up from the water. "Where's he-"
"He's going to Payakan." Neteyam back handed Aonung's chest before diving into the water. He followed his brother as best as he could, but it was hard to keep up considering the advantage of his head start that he had.

Neteyam watched from a distance as Lo'ak stood atop Payakan. He seemed to be pulling onto something. It was one of the pingers. Neteyam hurried his ilu, urging it to go as fast as it could. Aonung, Tsireya and Rotxo followed behind who were then followed by Kiri and Tuk.

Neteyam reached payakan jumping on top of him. He was quickly met with Aonung, grabbing his hand and pulling him up with him. They pulled at the pinger as hard as they could but it wouldn't budge.

They turned to see the human ship powering toward them. They needed to hurry. Neteyam grabbed the rope that Tsireya had brought and began tying it around the pinger. He took the other end of the rope, taking it with him as he mounted his ilu once more. He clicked his tongue, signalling for his ilu to swim.

The ilu tugged as hard as it could, the pinger beginning to come loose before It quickly became detached. It was tossed to Neteyam as he rode off with it, trying to misdirect the humans from Payakan.

————————————————

Yo look, a wild update.