Chapter 8

Paige

It's been a fun and relaxing day by the pool. I think to much heat has me feeling ill. I'm definitely ready to go back. Shower and lay down. My head is pounding.
"Babe, can we go back. I'm really tired." I ask Ryan, while he sits next to Van enjoying a beer and conversation
"You okay?" Jess asks
Looking over her way "Yeah.. just think I got to much sun today"
"Yeah, babe. You're probably right" she says not looking convinced
Ryan stands and grabs his phone "I'll text my driver, let him know we're ready."
We grab our things and start walking out. Ryan wrapping an arm around my waste
"You haven't eaten much today. Maybe a shower, food and a nap. Sound good?"
"Yeah" is all I can get out. I'm feeling kinda nauseated at the moment.
"I got you, baby" he says tucking me to his side

Once we're back. Ryan orders us food, while I go shower. I've turned on the water, but I feel a little dizzy, so I slide down the wall, to sit for a minute. Hanging my head between my knees, pressing my fingertips to my temple. Shit, my head really hurts. I feel the bile start to rise. I crawl over to the toilet and start heaving, but I've not eaten much today. So, not much comes up. I'm more dry heaving. I dry hag so hard, that I piss myself. Tears running down my face. I fall to the floor. No longer able to hold myself up.
"Paige, you almost done. Food will be here soon." I hear Ryan's voice get closer "Oh shit!" He kneels next to me pushing the hair out of my face "Oh baby.. it's gonna be okay"
"Head... hurts" I say squeezing my eyes shut
"Shhh.. I got you" he lifts me into his arms. My head lolling against his shoulders.

****

beep, beep, beep
What the hell is that beeping noise. I wish someone would shut it the hell off. Why does my body feel so heavy, my head so fuzzy? I can't even get my eyes to open. I try calling out for "Ryan.." but I don't even know if I get the words out. Im so tired.

That awful beeping noise is going off again. Why isn't someone, shutting it off. I guess if you want something done, you have to do it yourself. Famous words from my mother.
My eyes flutter open. Where the hell am I?
Ryan is sitting next to the bed. With his head down, his hand over mine. Van is sitting in the corner of the room, Jess next to him, with her head laying on his shoulder. "Ryan" I say trying to get his attention. He lifts his head slowly, his eyes meeting mine. "Thank fuck you're awake. I was so worried"
"What happened?"
"You don't remember anything?"
"I remember being at the pool" I say reaching out to touch his face. He turns and kisses my palm. His hand over mine.
He shakes his head "when we got back, I sent you in to take a shower, while I ordered us food. When you were taking longer than you should have, I went to check on you. found you on the floor. You were barely conscious"
He squeezes his eyes shut, in pain of the memory "I got you here as fast as possible. It's all my fault"
"No, it's not your fault, babe"
I scoot over in the bed "come here" I say gesturing for him to lay next to me. He climbs next to me, pulling me into him. Kissing my hair "you were dehydrated. I should have made sure you ate and drank more. I don't know what I was thinking"
"I'm fine. When can I leave? I want a shower and one of your tshirts on. Then I just want to sleep for a week, I think"
"You've been out for hours."
"I have?"
"Yeah, baby. It's nearly morning now. It's probably the pain meds they gave you, making you still feel tired."
I try sitting up "Well, I'm ready to go"
"Whoa there, champ. You have to wait for the nurse" He points to the call button "hit the button"
I hit the call button then snuggled in closer to Ryan
"Besides being here, I had a really nice day" I say with a smile
"Me too, baby. How's your head feeling?"
"Just a little sore, not bad though"
Wrapping his arms around me "good. Should we wake them up?" He jutts his chin toward Van and Jess
I shake my head "No, not just yet. They look kinda cute snuggled up together" I say on a smile
"Maybe they should hook up, if anyone can handle Jess's crazy, it's Van" Ryan chuckles
"I can hear you asshole, and he couldn't handle me if he tried" she says with her eyes still closed, snuggled into Vans side.
"She couldn't handle this" He palmed his crotch while grinning. She pushes away from him. "You're such a pig"
"Oink oink" he laughs
Jess gets up and comes over to my side, picking up my hand. "I'm so glad you're okay. You really scared me"
"I know, I'm sorry" I say with a small smile