🌙 Chapter 14🌙

"You don't have to hide it anymore, Little Birdie"

. . . .

Eli nervously Laughs. "Giving me nicknames like that. I don't know what you talking about Norton.." Eli said trying to have a straight face.

Norton smirks. "Awe come on, I know you know what I'm talking about Eli, Especially 'that'..." He pointed Eli's Covered cheek with his hand.

Eli remember clearly about what his brother told him when they are discussing about the school.

. . . .

"Remember Eli, you are not the only one whose different in that school. There's also some people there who are like 'us'... So you better be careful to not reveal yourself to them especially your the Lunar Owl" The Experienced Huntsman said while holding the paper.

"I sensed a few creatures there. Either a good or bad once. So beware" he added.

. . . . .

Eli look away ,a moment of silence filled the room. He still feeling nervous. "Are you also....?" He asked .

Norton smiles and rested his chin with his palm. "The one they call 'Mr.Mole' " he casually answered.

Eli have taken some research about types of creatures. Birds, cat, dog , hamster, foxes and more. Theres also rare once like Lunar owl and The Huntsman Bird. The Mole isn't usually a rare specie but there this one Mole seems different from the others. Heard about this guy name 'Mr.Mole' which is one time there was a forest fire, he participate to save the other animals during that. But no one knew what happened to him after that.

Most of them thought his dead to ashes.

But now....

The Mole that they thought it's dead.

Is now right infront of the Lunar Owl himself.

"Mr... Mole? Wait, Rumors said that you died during the forest fire..." Eli say in shock and confused expression.

"Those are the rumors" he chuckles, pointing at the burnt scar that Eli stared at earlier. "You see this? This is actually the cause of that incident" he explained.

"What happened to you... Why you didn't came out from the fire?" Eli asked in confusion and somehow feel upset for some reason, Finally dropping his hand down . All this time he tried to cover the feathers that appears from his cheek .

"I tried to save a friend... But eventually I failed as the burning tree fell over them. I tried to escape the fire but i couldn't so as a mole I decided to dig down underground for my escape route" he explained the story.

"But somehow, feels like i just wanted to hide forever, but if i do i might just die from hunger. So i decided to blend in with humans instead. " He added.

"And here I am , name Norton Campbell . A student of this academy even i know my age isn't normal like humans have here" he said.

Eli just awkwardly being silent. Looking at his own hands.

"Weird.." Norton mumbles. This make Eli look at the other.

"The last time i saw you yesterday , Your aura is so different than now... How is that possible" Norton look at him , curious.

Eli process what he just said until it finally clicked. He chuckle from it. "I know it's kinda confusing but I think the first time you saw me isn't actually me" He said , while trying to hide the feathers again. Norton raised his eyebrow.

"It was my brother, he supposed to attend this school instead of me but I decided to take it instead" Eli explained.

"Your brother?" Norton hummed in process before finally realizing what he mean. "A TWIN?!" He said in surprised.

"I guess you could say that" Eli chuckles.

"Now that make sense why the aura so different" Norton Scratch his head.

"Different?" Eli asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Honestly your brothers 's aura is so .... Dark and mysterious" Norton explained. "Meanwhile yours.. it's like pure and light" he added.

"Oh.." Eli stayed quiet after that. And this makes Norton realized that it seems it's a sensitive topic for the other.

"I'm Sorry, I think i shouldn't describe it like that" Norton apologizes.

"No no, It's fine. I wasn't expecting you could sense our aura even we hid it properly..." Eli waves his hands.

"It's kinda complicated to explain, sorry " Norton apologizes again.

"It's fine , It's kinda relief to know I'm not alone being different" Eli smiles.

*Knock Knock*

The two look at the door.

"Wait , did you locked the door?" Eli raised his eyebrow. And Norton just chuckle and noded.

Norton stood up and walk to the door to unlock it. Behind the door it's Naib who crossing his arms, he seems annoyed because of the door being locked.

"Mind explaining me why the clinic room lock?" The shorter male said in a serious tone.

"Probably accidentally locked it after you went out" Norton Shrugged. Lying for the fact he purposely locked the door earlier.

Naib sigh and went in the room. "You're good to go now Eli. The sun almost down and it's dangerous to go home alone. Do you have anyone to pick you up?" He asked.

"Uhm, about that.." Eli awkwardly lightly scratches his cheek. "None"

"None?" Naib raised his eyebrow. Eli noded in response.

"Well then, Ganji is waiting for us outside, his baseball practice finished early than usual. Since someone here didn't came to practice today" Naib gave Norton a glare , Literally talking about him. Norton just gave him an awkward smile.

"If it's alright, then I apologize for being bothersome" Eli response.

Naib look back to Eli who finally getting off from the bed. He went closer to assist the other from standing. Eli look really fragile at the moment but at the same time he seems look really fine like nothing happened for him.

Norton went out the clinic first before the other two follow behind, Naib still making sure Eli is fine while they walking through the hallway.

When they finally went out the building, Eli glanced up to see the crows starting to fly around the building.

'Those Crows...' he somehow feel a familiar aura just looking to them. He gave a glance to Norton who noticed the other's eyes . The taller man slightly turn his head to Eli and smiles, much more like 'I know' .

. . . . . .

'They seems getting along with each other..' Naib thought while looking at the two.