Short Story

Hey people, sorry this isn't necessary a Treasure Box update but a little short story from Troy's POV. You know how you're supposed to do something but end up doing something else? That's how this came about so I thought I'd just share this with you and hope you're not mad.

Troy's POV

 Even though you're a teacher, you don't have to like your students. Some are easier to get along with than others. Others are so painfully annoying, you want to slap them. There's nothing you can really do. There are plenty of students who don't like you either so you can't really feel too bad about it.

I paused mid-word and looked up from the PowerPoint I was explaining. He was talking. Again. It wasn't like they never had time to talk and if they were quiet enough, I let it go but Allan Smith decided to whisper as loud as humanly possible.

Allan Smith. The only openly gay kid in school and annoying as hell.

"Smith," I snapped, my temper getting the best of me, "Is it really necessary for the entire class to hear your conversation? You can talk about how hot Barry is while walking down to the principal's office."

Allan's entire face glowed red while the classroom roared with laughter. They were honestly merciless. I guess I was a bit worst considering Barry (who was currently cringing) was in the classroom too but he was really being annoying.  This wasn't even the first time I had to shut him up. This was a repeating occurrence throughout the year though this was the first time I had deliberately embarrassed him.

But at least he managed to shut up for the rest of the period. He continued to glare but that didn't faze me in the least.

Around the end of the school day, the intercom called me down to the office. At that moment, I felt like I had fallen right back into my high school days. I picked myself up and dragged my body down to the office. Once I got in there, the secretary told me to go straight to the principal's office.

A bad sign.

When I opened the door, Smith was sitting there with 'smug' written across his face. The principal, Ms. Bitter and Single, was staring at me with stern, angry eyes.

Another bad sign.

"Sit down, Mr. Delroe," I'm screwed, "Mr. Smith has told us that you have been treating him unfairly because he's gay."

I exhaled with relief, "I thought this was something legitimate. No, I don't believe I treat him unfairly and even if I did, it's not because he's gay. It may have something to do with his incessant talking."

Smith screeched defensively, "Other people talk as much as I do."

I asked dryly, "Are they as loud as you are?"

"Mr. Delroe," Principal Piss-in-Pot snapped, "That is not appropriate."

I refrained from scoffing, "I'm not homophobic. I actually support the LGBT community."

Smith did scoff, "Liar." Snap.

That was my patience going right out the window. "Can I make a call? Thanks." I stepped out of the room and dialed Marc's number.

"Hello?" The moment I heard his voice, I relaxed.

I leaned back on the door and felt a smile work its way onto my face. "Hey, can you come up to the school? I'm in a bit of trouble."

"What did you do?"

I laughed at the anger and disbelief in his voice. "Nothing. Seriously."

"Yeah right, I'll be there soon." He hung up, probably worrying himself into an early grave. My little worrywart.