VI

Haha... hi. So, confession time (and this has nothing to do with why I take so long with updates), the title of this story is sort of REALLY lazy. It's legitimately a set of words that I figured sounded meaningful and had nothing to do with the story, like, at all, and I always thought I'd change it but literally years later, I haven't and I can't now because it would confuse too many people. So yeah... Here's a bit more background on Soren and Michael being low key (or high key) savage. 

Michael watched as they pulled into the driveway of the house where he met Soren. Quite frankly, he was feeling fairly unamused by this Alpha of his. Everything was going pretty well without her sticking her nose into things.

Alpha Evelyn opened the front door before they even stepped out the car.

She eyed them distrustfully, "David, what are they doing here?"

David shrugged with slumped shoulders. "Alpha, with all due respect, I think we made a mistake."

"Yes, a huge mistake," Axel took over, making Michael and Theo roll their eyes, "Like sending Michael's mate to his house when our entire family is there. I don't know how invincible you were-dogs think you are but you have nothing on over-protective relatives."

Theo sighed, "Please show our alpha respect."

"Respect?" Axel started, clearly about to go on another rant.

"Axxy, can you please shut up for just a moment?" Michael asked sweetly, "I think Ms. Alpha and I should have a talk."

Axel eyed Michael for a minute then conceded with a smirk. "Alright, Mikey, it's your stage."

"Thank you," Michael nodded his head towards the car David drove them in. "Can you and I talk, Alpha Evelyn?"

"Angel," Soren murmured but went silent at the look Michael shot him.

Alpha Evelyn was quiet for a long moment before nodding. "Alright. I suppose it's the least I can do if I was wrong."

"'If,'" Michael echoed with an amused huff.

David handed the keys to Alpha Evelyn, obviously concerned but not enough to actually speak up. She got behind the wheel and Michael settled in the passenger's seat. They sat in silence while she drove. Michael figured that if she was waiting for him to break the silence, she could just stew for a bit.

Finally, she said, quite conclusively, "We were wrong, weren't we?"

Michael raised his eyebrows at her, "You think?"

"Dammit," she growled, "I let Jamie make me paranoid. I swear, he usually so easy-going so when he's worried, I get a hundred times more worried. Not that you weren't weird but you weren't hunter weird."