V

Hahahahahahahaha I'mma mess. Srsly. But yeah, here's a new chapter :)

Alpha Evelyn looked at the table where all her betas and brother, Jamie, sat, her expression grim. Up until now, she and Jamie had gotten away with being incredibly vague when it came to the house they've been monitoring. All they needed to hear was that they were possibly dangerous and discretion is key. Now, it was time to lay everything out clearly.

"As everyone here knows, we've had a house constantly monitored this last week. That's because we were hoping for a clear sign as to whether or not this home belongs to hunters."

There were sharp gasps.

"Our suspicion stems from the words of Soren's mate. From our monitoring, the results have hardly been conclusive, however, we don't want to leave any stone unturned. Just an hour ago, it was reported to me that cars have been gathering outside the house. We don't know why and we don't want to wait to find out too late."

"Wait, wait, wait," David interrupted, "You said Soren's mate? The tiny kid with admittedly big balls."

Evelyn nodded, "Jamie and I agreed that some of his statements were fairly suspicious. We haven't spoken to Soren much on the subject since his mate wanted to keep their relationship private."

"But, I, uh," David winced minutely, "I saw him and Theo walking together. In the direction of his house."

Evelyn restrained her increasingly rowdy wolf from biting his head off. "And when was that?"

David answered quietly, "On my way here."

That plunged the room into a tension thick enough to suffocate Evelyn. "Call him."

Nora dialed his number quickly and they listened to the call go straight to voicemail.

Evelyn felt a migraine coming. "Of course."

"I'll go get him," David said, standing up, "They wouldn't dare hunt in broad daylight but who knows how they would react if too many of us come. If they refuse to let Theo out then we can take action with the human authorities."

Evelyn nodded, understanding his reasoning but not liking it. "Take Soren with you."

Jamie blurted, "What the hell, Evelyn? Soren? You want to send smitten Soren to his mate's house? That's a horrible idea."

"He's the enforcer," Evelyn argued, "He'd be the best backup if things do go south."

"What? No," Jamie cried, "No, he's going to roll over and let Michael pet his tummy. There's no way he'd be any help at all."

"This is his job, Jamie. We have to trust that he'd put his pack first."