II

So far, so good. You guys have been awesome. Thanks for not hunting me down with fire and pitchforks for the whole ditching thing. And in case you're wondering, yes this is the exact chapter I posted last time. All I changed was the A/N.

"Let me get this straight." He hated when Theo said this. It just meant that he was preparing a lecture that could go on for hours. At least Axel was there to cut it short. "You jumped into a stranger's yard then cuddled with them?"

"That's exactly what happened," Axel interjected, earning a glare from Michael.

"No, that's not what happened," Michael retorted, "I jumped into a stranger's yard during a party and one of the men there offered me food so I decided to stick around for a bit."

"And sat on his lap," Axel added.

Theo glowered, arms crossed over his chest as he stood over Michael. Even though he had yet to fully fill in his frame, he was still intimidating. He had a confidence about him that made his teenage clumsiness almost nonexistence. They were in Michael's room with the door shut and locked so no one could over hear his lecture. Michael sat on his bed, sullenly. He still couldn't believe Axel actually told Theo. The only time when they could ever talk without arguing was when they were turning on Michael. The two were exact opposites. Where Theo was polite and charming, Axel was blunt and indifferent. Where Theo was broad and sporty, Axel was lithe and bookish. It was always two sides of a spectrum with them yet they always found a reason to go at each other's throat. But at this moment, they looked like the perfect duo, glaring down at Michael.

"Who was this guy anyway?"

Axel answered, "He called himself Soren Chambers."

Theo went stiff as a board, "Soren Chambers?"

Axel and Michael eyed his reaction curiously. "You know this guy, wonder boy?" Axel asked, using his loving, sarcastic epithet.

Theo countered with a dry, "Yes, I do. Michael, are you telling me that Soren Chambers invited you to eat and let you sit on his lap?"

Michael nodded questioningly, "He even made me a plate though Axel dragged me away before I could eat."

"You mean before he ate you," Axel muttered.

"And the guy you're talking about," Theo asked for extra clarification, "He wouldn't happen to be tall, brood and very intimidating, would he?"

Axel said a resounding "Yes," while Michael replied, "Not really."

"He was sweet," Michael continued, "To me, at least. Why?"

Theo sighed heavily, his eyes closed as if he was meditating on his next words. Finally, he said, "There's something I haven't told you about me. I need you to know that I'm not any different because you know this."

Michael nodded slowly and went through his head for anything Theo thought he didn't know. Although Theo was intelligent, he was terrible at hiding things, especially from Michael. He had to wonder what Theo thought would make a difference on this occasion. "I know you're not a virgin, if that's what you're getting at."

Theo's eyes widened, "How?"

Axel snorted, "You're not good at hiding things."

"You're terrible at it, actually," Michael agreed. "The look on your face the night after spoke volumes."

Theo sighed but shook his head, "No, that's not it."

What else could there be? Michael asked cautiously, "Could this be the werewolf thing?"