Chapter 4

Hey, thanks for reading and the support and stuff. You're awesome. Domo Arigato. Sorry for the short chapter but you know how dem cookies be crumbling.

Louis’ POV

 After leaving Karina’s house, I cooled down and began to dread actually seeing Franco again. I should have known better than to say what I did. No matter how angry I was, it was still unprofessional and immature.

Around four, I left my home and drove down to Franco’s apartment with a list of Leslie’s assets in hand. He buzzed me in without saying a word but as soon as I opened the door, I heard someone yell to keep it open. I turned around and saw a guy jogging up to me. I couldn’t help noticing that he was taller than I was and had a large grin and golden brown hair. It was a direct contrast with my scowl and pale hair.

“Thanks,” he said when he finally reached me.

I nodded and walked on in. When I reached Franco’s door, I barely knocked before the door swung open and Franco stood there, his chocolate brown eyes burned with anger but he didn’t say a word. He just motioned for me to come inside then slammed the door shut behind me. We stood in a silence so heavy, it weighed on my chest. I knew he was waiting for me to apologize but I couldn’t summon the words.

Fortunately, there came another knock on the door but it didn’t lessen the tension an inch.  

Franco just opened the door and returned to glaring at me.

I expected Michael to come bouncing in but I didn’t expect the guy who came in behind him. It was the same one that asked me to keep the door open but now he wasn’t grinning at all as he looked from me to Franco. Michael sensed the atmosphere too, and stared with wide, startled eyes.

The guy patted Michael’s shoulder comfortingly and said, “Don’t worry, Mikey, it’s just sexual tension. It’ll go away once they kiss.”

Michael lit up, “Really?”

“Troy, please shut up,” Franco said evenly.

That’s when understanding hit me. This was the Troy that called Michael a fairy.

“Whatever,” Troy walked into the kitchen and started going through the fridge. A guy and a young boy followed behind him, the boy sat on the couch while the other guy placed a couple of bags on the kitchen counter. “Frankie, you really need to go shopping. You don’t have beer or soda. Only juice. How the hell does a grown man have only juice in his fridge?” Despite his complaints, Troy poured himself a cup of apple juice.

“I’m sorry about him,” the other guy said to the two of us, “We forgot to bring his collar. By the way, I’m Marc.” I was going to respond but I was interrupted by a gurgled shout.

“MMMPH,” Troy glanced around frantically with his mouth full of juice. His eyes landed on Marc and in a flash, they’re lips were molded together expertly in an open mouth kiss. Marc fell into the kiss without resistance and allowed Troy to take complete control, a dribble of juice sliding down the Marc’s chin. Just as suddenly, Troy detached himself and shuddered, “I forgot how much I hate apple juice. Can you drink the rest of this for me?” He handed the cup to Marc and splashed water from the sink facet into his mouth. He glanced at Marc’s open-mouthed disbelief and smirked, “Relax, dear, we’ve done things a lot more sexual than that.”

That’s when I realized my mistake. It really was just a joke, like Franco had said. A stupid joke that I took too seriously and stupidly said something that I regretted.

 “When we get home,” Marc swore solemnly, “I’ll get you when we get home.”

Franco must have seen my confusion on my face because he explained, “Marc and Troy are married and that’s Axel, their son.”