IV

Guys, I have so many new stories out there, if you're bored, try one out. I'm really diving into the fantasy category right now. 

----  ----  ----

"Franco," Louis walked into the kitchen, dropping his suitcase. "Have you noticed the car outside?"

Franco looked up from the book he was reading and frowned, "It's still there?"

"How long has it been there?"

Franco shrugged, "I saw it for the first time when Michael was leaving for school."

"Were there people in the car at that point?"

"Oh, god, are they still there?" Franco stood up and walked into the living room, He peeked out the blinds, "Different people, same car," he observed.

Louis headed towards the door, his face already taking on an expression of stony anger. "I'll go talk to them."

"Actually," Franco grabbed his arm, "I'm going to go talk to them. You sit down and relax. Oh, and by the way," he leaned over and kissed Louis' cheek, "Welcome home, sweetheart."

He left Louis standing there and walked out the front door. He couldn't help chuckling at the apparent alarm he saw from the man and woman in the car. The man grabbed his phone and hurried called a number just as Franco got their car. He rapped on the window and waited patiently for them to lower it.

He said very succinctly, "Look, I don't want to assume the worst but seeing how there's a lot of kids in this neighborhood, including my own, I'm going to. So please state whatever business you have here or leave before I call the police."

They gapped at him with silent horror.

The woman collected herself first and assured him shakily, "We're not planning to touch anyone's kids."

Franco rose an eyebrow at them, "Okay. So, you're here because...?"

They glanced at each other, having a silent conversation with their expressions.

Franco said with heavy sarcasm, "Go ahead, I'll give you a moment to make an excuse. You can have whoever's on the phone help you out."

"We'll be going now," the man raised his window abruptly while the woman started the car. They tore off down the street.

Franco shook his head and decided to consider the matter resolved for now. Though not without sending an email to the head of the neighborhood association council.

God, he never thought he'd be that parent.

He went back in and found Louis scowling out the window. He asked immediately, "What did they want?"