I

WARNING: If you don't like age differences then this may not be your cup of tea. Just know that everything is consensual and there is no manipulation by the older party. 

Also, Michael is older here and in my book, older means less innocent, not more. Honestly people, if you expected Michael to turn into a clueless twink, you are in for a surprise. Pleasant or not, I'll let you decide. And don't get too used to long chapters. This was just pre-written.

"Michael," Axel screamed, "Get back here, you little monster."

Michael didn't slow for a second but sped up and turned the corner. He could hear Axel's voice bouncing off the walls of the otherwise peaceful neighborhood. He couldn't wipe the huge grin off his face even though his enraged cousin was going to kill him. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that the consequences for this little prank would be deadly.

He glanced back for a second and realized that his cousin had lost sight of him. On a split second decision, he hopped a fence and crouched, waiting for his cousin to pass. He didn't have to wait long for Axel to come by, angrily yelling his name. He held back a snicker as his Axel passed right by.

He waited a minute before standing to try to catch a glimpse of where he went.

"Excuse me."

Michael jumped, startled by the deep voice. He turned around slowly, reluctant to find out whose yard he carelessly hopped into. His eyes widened when they fell on a dark, brooding man that loomed over him.

So many emotions swirled in the man's dark green eyes but they settled on adoration as he smiled. "Hello."

Michael stared at him for a surprised second before smiling back, "Hello."

"I'm Soren," his voice was gentle, as if to not startle a rabbit, "What's your name?"

"Michael," he replied, "It's nice to meet you, sir."

"No need for a 'sir,' angel," Soren chuckled, "Soren would suffice. Would you like to join us?"

For the first time, Michael looked around and realized that Soren wasn't the only one in the yard. Plenty of people who were probably buzzing around and talking before he dropped in were now staring at him in shock and confusion. Food was being cooked on a grill and laid out on tables for the party goers.

He cringed self-consciously, "I'm sorry, I interrupted your party."

"It's no problem, honestly," Soren held out a hand as big as a bear claw. "Come eat with us."

It was obvious from the size of the man alone that Michael wouldn't be able to escape if he turned out to be malicious. Michael had learned to be suspicious of men offering him things but then he glanced up at Soren's smile and averted his eyes, blushing. Maybe it was okay this one time. The man seemed harmless and gentle.

"Sure," Michael said resolutely, giving his hand to Soren. "Thank you."

"It's no problem at all, love," Soren led him to around table with men and women around Soren's age eating and drinking and sat him down in the one empty chair. "Wait here a second, angel. I'll make you a plate."

Michael hardly knew what to make of it when Soren leaned down and kissed his forehead but he could feel giddiness blossom within him. His eyes followed Soren's muscular back as he went about, loading food onto a plate. He noted curiously how everyone in his path dived out of the way.

He was snapped out of his trance when the man beside him whined, "Guys, Soren is broken." The man was slim with a swimmers body and long golden hair that fell to his shoulders.