Chapter 19

Okay, so don't think I hate this story but I am kind of tired of it. I really just can't wait to end it and move on to Part 2/epilogue. So if this is crap, it's just me being impatient as heck. There should be only one chapter left after this. 

Franco's POV

"Well, this is a difficult decision," Judge Taylor commented, "Mr. Rodriguez seems capable of taking care of his son and has been for the last three months. However, in the eyes of the court of law, the mother is best suited for child-rearing. I hate to break up a father and son pair but I will offer joint-custody."

I can't express the feelings she made me suffer through throughout this whole trial. She clearly didn't like me. She didn't trust Louis. All we could really convince her of was that Michael was happy with me and had everything he needed. To her, it made no difference whether Michael was with me or with Kate. She didn't understand and critical her decision was. I could feel Marie seething behind us.

While I couldn't speak, Louis could. "While the sentiment is appreciated, your honor, the plaintiff and defendant will be on two very different parts of the earth once this case is settled. Joint custody will be difficult for them and Michael."

She blatantly glared at him, "Are you saying that the plaintiff wouldn't take a plane to visit his son?"

Louis's jaw clenched even tighter, grinding his teeth to dust, "No, however," his words came to a grinding halt. He exhaled through his nose, having thought better than to say what he was going to say.

I wrecked my brain for something to say but my every thought was unprofessional and childish. 'She's crazy.' 'She's irresponsible.' 'She's homophobic.' None of these would do any good in the court of law.

I barely heard the court door open and close. The room was silent for second before Katherine cried, "Michael, what are you doing here?"

My head snapped up.

My son walked in the room slowly, his eyes settling on me, eyes glittering with barely contained tears. I don't even remember standing up. All I know is that he was in my arms the very next second. He clung to me almost desperately but in his bravery, held back his tears.

"Oh, Michael," I cooed, "It's okay."

He muttered into my neck, "No it's not. They're going to make me go with her."

I sighed because, at this point, I couldn't say he was wrong. "Where's Bonnie?"

"Behind the door."

I huffed and opened the door to see an unabashed Bonnie standing there, twiddling her thumbs.

"Frankie," she greeted me cheerfully, "Fancy seeing you here."

I didn't justify that with a reply, just with an expression that automatically made her become defensive.

"Okay, I know what you're thinking but it is really fair for you to leave Michael out of this? I was in the same position as Michael except some lady claiming to be my mother never assaulted me in front on my own school," she said the last part loudly with a glare directed at Kate, "I mean, how can you just leave something like this in the hands of the government?" She said 'government' while pointing directly at Judge Taylor as if she couldn't be seen or heard, "They know nothing about how to raise children. If they did, they definitely wouldn't even give people like Katherine and her thug visitation rights."

"Thug?" Katherine's boyfriend snarled, standing up.

"Yes thug," Bonnie pointed her glare at the man, "I know anger issues when I see them. Now sit down. We're in court, have some respect."