🩵VII: MY LITTLE DEMON🩵

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

The first half ended with the score in the favor of Blue Lock and it's players. Rin had tried to stop Sae when he'd gotten the ball, but failed. BLLK managed to steal the ball and counter. Chigiri actually managed to pass Oliver, which pissed off the younger Aiku a bit, but it was bound to happen.

The ball soon ended up in the possession of Rin, who ended up scoring the second goal for his team. (Y/n) internally cheered for him, being conscious about the others around them and the players on the field.

They sat in the locker room with all of the other players right next to Oliver. Their gut twisted, hoping they wouldn't get put in.

"Crap. Oh crap." Neru's voice shook as he sat cross-legged on one of the benches.

Hayate spoke up from his spot. "I never thought we'd enter halftime behind in score."

"What'll we do in the second half? How should we fight?" Niou questioned.

Sendo mumbled to himself in frustration. "If only...I had scored. If I'd..."

Sae walked out of the showers, underwear on and towel around his neck.

"Ah, Itoshi Sae."

"Good timing, Genius." Niou greeted before continuing. "We were just about to discuss how to amend our strategy in the second half."

Kitsunezato watched as Sae passed, speaking up himself. "Our offense was real solid at the end of the first half there! When we attack in numbers like that, it pressures our opponents! Should we have the coach change up our formation?"

Sae sat down and pulled his duffel bag in front of him before digging through it. "Ah? Do whatever you want. Doesn't matter to me."

"Huh? What're you talking about, the match is still..."

They couldn't tell what the Itoshi had squirted in his hand from a tube, but they figured it was most likely some sort of moisturizer. "I'm leaving." That made them freeze, staring at him with their jaw slack.

"Huh? What the fuck?"

"Come on, dude, how are we gonna get anywhere without you?"

"Don't care." He simply said before jutting his thumb over to Oliver, who (Y/n) immediately got protective of. "All I did was take up that captain's bet."

"Aiku?" Hayate looked over, mumbling the last name of the siblings, but referring to the older.

"'What will I bring about in the U-20?' This is the result of fighting your way. Everything here was too defective to be of any use to me. This is reality. Anyways, to begin with, I was only here because I was interested in Blue Lock. While they're still rough around the edges, the world they see, the place they're aiming for, it's different from the U-20. I saw what I came for, and I'm satisfied, so I have no reason to continue playing in this match."

They glared at Sae, who was fully dressed and walking out, and their hands clenched in their lap. From beside them, they could hear Oliver's breathing change the slightest bit as he took a short breath in. "Please wait, boy genius." The mentioned player paused and turned as he walked past. "Sorry, everyone...for making such a selfish bet. I wanted to test our current strength; I wanted to know where I currently stand, but I know it enough that it hurts. We're weak.

"At this rate, we'll lose to Blue Lock. They'll steal our places and we'll be the ones disappearing. This is the first time in my life I've felt it sting this badly." They frowned at their brother's words, but knew the truth behind them. They shifted closer to Oliver and placed their knee against his.

Sae kept a neutral expression as he gave his response. "Too little, too late. I'm leaving and you guys have no chance."

Oliver grinned at he lifted his head up to make eye contact with him. "Oh, but we do have a chance. We've still got our demon. And if we want to beef up our defense, we've got our other amazing defender, who has almost the same skills as mine."

A strange and excited air came from Shido, but their gut twisted at the idea of being on the field. "Oli," they started in a quiet voice, but their voice was overpowered with ease by the demon.

"Hey, Genius. Is a life form like me not enough of a reason for you to fight?" Shido grinned, and they shifted slightly closer to their brother.

"Hah." Sae's dead voice rang out. "So that was your plan all along. Aren't you a clever one, Captain?" Oliver let out a little hum in satisfaction. "Very well, you insects." He turned to Shido as he grabbed his jersey again. "Go wild, my little demon. You and I are going to be this game's headliners."

Oliver turned to (Y/n) as he sweat-dropped. "You ready?"

They frowned at him. "I don't want to play."

His face twisted into surprise. "But you have the chance of a lifetime and you can debut!"

"I don't want to play against my friends."

"Please play, for me. I'll take you out to somewhere expensive soon." He tried bribing.

It took them a moment before they sighed, agreeing to play. "Alright, but I better be getting some good ass food."

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧