🩵XVII: THE SHINING🩵

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

They were sitting on the couch, notebook in their lap and focus completely on the TV. Rin watched the match, staring at his movements and marking in his head what could've been better. He trailed his eyes over to their notebook and saw them scribbling notes about him.

There was a space on the end of the couch next to them, essentially offering the space to him. Without a word, he sat, comfortable in his borrowed clothes. The large shirt was a plain, deep purple than ran all the way down his arms. The black sweatpants they had grabbed him were a little too big, especially on his waist and hips, but he didn't care. It was comfortable.

He watched as he challenged Sae, remembering the feelings from then. They weren't pleasant to think about and he turned his gaze over to their notebook once more. Reading what they wrote about him, he found to be studies of little things he did.

They two stayed silent until the match ended, which was when they spoke up. "Do you want any food or anything to drink?"

"I'm fine for now." He said after a moment, watching as they turned off the match.

They nodded and offered him their notebook. "Want to read it?" He hesitated and grabbed it, opening it to the first page. "What do you want to watch?"

"The Shining." He answered immediately and saw them smile. "It's my favorite movie." He mentioned and earned a hum in response, reading the start of the first person. It was (Y/n) themself.

The writings were nitpicking every little thing about their playing. There were things written like 'should've been left more, so you weren't in the way' and 'if you were a better defender, like Oli, then maybe you could've gotten it.' He frowned and took a glance over at them.

He flipped to Oliver's pages, skimming through them. It was a mix of telling what he did, what could've been better, and what was great. He flipped over to his pages, finding them to be littered with compliments and constructive criticism as the writing described his action. He read over the information carefully, taking note of what they said.

They grabbed the notebook when he offered it back, setting both it and the pen next to them on the couch. He leaned back, moving his teal eyes to see the screen. They followed him in leaning back and their head barely touched his shoulder as they moved it so they could see.

He tensed a bit as he reached up to brush his drying hair from his eyes. He had seen the movie about a thousand times, so none of it surprised him. The lamp next to him was still turned on, so when he felt their head fully drop on his shoulder, he reached over and turned it off.

He didn't move for the rest of the movie, watching it as his eyes grew tired from being held open. He grabbed the remote that sat on the other side of them, careful not to move too much, before turning the TV down and off.

Placing his head on theirs, he shut his eyes and allowed himself to completely relax.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Oliver walked into his house two hours later, finding the house dark. He turned on the light-switch in the kitchen once he got there and peered around the door frame. Not much light was in the living room, but from what he could make out, he saw two people asleep on the couch.

Walking closer, he found it to be Rin, supporting (Y/n) as they slept against each other. They both looked so peaceful to him and couldn't resist taking a few pictures and sending it to both the U-20 team and his sibling.

He laughed quietly and tossed a warm blanket over them. He picked up their notebook and sighed, opening it up to see new additions to everyone, including a few of the Blue Lock boys. He put it down on the coffee table and stood.

After putting the food he brought home in the fridge, he shut the light off and went to go do his bedtime routine before he would go to bed himself.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧