🩵XV: HE LIKES ME🩵

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Chigiri ended the ninth frame with a spare, and miraculously, both teams were tied. It confused both Barou and (Y/n) so bad on how it happened, but Barou didn't comment on it. However, they let out confused little sputters every time each team managed to get the same exact ball.

They watched with an incredulous expression as Darai began saying prayers before he chucked the ball extremely aggressively down the lane. "El Golazo!" was the last thing he yelled and the ball managed to become a strike.

Heavily confused and somewhat panicked, they felt as if they were on the verge of tears. It felt as if both teams were breaking down everything they knew about bowling.

Karasu laughed as he wrapped an arm around them, cheering on Nagi as he went up the approach. He tripped over his feet and the bowling ball managed to be in the right spot because it curved and hit the pocket perfectly.

When Barou and (Y/n) had thrown the last two balls of the tenth frame, they had also managed to both get strikes. They wanted to quit as they shoved their face into their hands, tears threatening to escape. "That is not how bowling works!" They pushed their confusion back the best they could before they had an existential crisis do any sort.

They noticed girls staring at them and it seemed like Sendo and Otoya noticed, too, because they started to begin their flirting. "Hey, we're not even done here yet! We gotta go for round two." Oliver called out to them.

"Sorry, Aiku." Isagi apologized, grabbing attention toward himself. "But I already made plans with another friend."

"Aw."

"You're leaving already?"

"I'm leaving, too."

"See you guys later! Have fun!"

They felt Oliver grab the top of their head in an affectionate hold. "You good?"

"My brain feels like it's splitting in half because of all the bowling that is feels like it is basically breaking the physics of bowling."

He laughed and rubbed their forehead with his thumb. "If you want to go home, then you're free to, and I'll make sure your food gets ordered in a to-go box."

They nodded, considering it. "Will you guys be okay without me?"

"I'm sure we'll be fine. Barou's a bit handicapped with everyone over there anyway."

Sighing, they stood and began to put their things away. Their eyes felt like they were so close to closing and making them fall asleep as any adrenaline from before wore off.

Karasu came over, checking on them. "What's up, cutie? Ya leavin' already?" They looked up and nodded, feeling for how much the ball and oil dirtied their hands. They stood, deciding to go wash their hands. "You be careful, then."

His voice was soft. It always was when he talked to them. He wasn't rude to them like he was with everyone else. He didn't like physical affection, but he gave it to them at times and allowed them to give it to him. They noticed how, at times, his cheeks would heat up and turn a light pink when they talked to him. He smiled more around them. He showed signs of being happy around them.

Their gut twisted as they came to a realization they didn't want to come to. He likes me...doesn't he? They hugged him to say goodbye, noting his cheeks turning red as he held the hug longer than usual.

After their goodbyes to everyone, they grabbed their stuff and headed to the bathroom, washing their hands. Breathes came in and out of their mouths unevenly as they thought about Karasu and the fact that he probably liked them in a romantic way.

Fuck, they did not want to ruin their friendship with him if he did like them.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧