🩵XXV: THE WAITER🩵

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

After having peaceful car ride full of music, they arrived at Rin's chosen restaurant. Looking at it, it was certainly expensive, making (Y/n) worry a little. "I'm paying." That certainly got their attention, and they were quick to try and protest. "No, don't even try."

They puffed out their cheeks and got out of the car themself, earning a hard stare. "What?" They asked, wondering what they had done to gain that.

"Get back in." After a small bit of staring, they furrowed their brows and followed his instructions. They laughed as they saw him get out and go around the car to their side. Opening the door, he clicked his tongue and offered his hand.

They felt their heart swell as they took his hand, letting him guide them out. "Why thank you, Rin." They squeezed his hand, a smile painting their lips.

It was endearing how he was acting like such a gentleman. Not many guys acted like that anymore, so this was a real treat.

He shut the car door behind them and quickly locked it, keeping his hand in theirs as he started to lead them up to the fancy building. They honestly felt a little underdressed, even if they weren't actually.

The pair entered the building and were immediately greeted with the smiling face of a young woman in a uniform. "Good evening! Did you have a reservation?" Rin nodded, and she took this as her cue to continue. "What is the name?"

"Itoshi." He squeezed their hand as the woman pressed a few buttons and grabbed two menus, two plates, two packs of silverware wrapped in black fabric napkins, and a basket of bread with butter.

"Follow me this way, please!" She began walking through the archway to their left, which lead to a room full of tables and booths. They half hoped they'd get a booth, and it felt like their wishes were granted when she stopped at one in the corner of the room, setting down all that she carried. "Your server will be with you soon."

She bowed her head and left. Rin let them pick their seat first, and they chose the one facing the wall. He was quick to take his seat after letting go of their hand. (Y/n) immediately missed the warmth it provided.

The chatter was at a respectable volume, and the music wasn't too loud either. The window they were placed next to showed the parking lot and the glowing buildings around. The sky was colored with blues, purples, and oranges as the sun set.

They looked down at their menu and looked for the drinks, seeing that they offered their favorite soda pop. It made them smile and begin looking at the food. The prices made them sweat-drop a little and feel guilty that Rin said he was going to pay for everything, but they were quick to locate what they wanted.

Someone entered their peripheral vision and they looked up. The waiter had a bright smile on his face as his crystal blue eyes shined in the soft lighting. "Hello, my name is Akio and I'll be your server for today! Could I get you started with any drinks?"

"I'll have a Sprite." Rin watched as Akio nodded and turned his attention over to them.

"And for you, lovely?" They tensed and told him their drink order, glancing at Rin, who was glaring at the waiter. He was already close to snapping at him. "Alright, I'll get those quickly for you both."

As soon as Akio walked away, Rin's face fully twisted with irritation. "I hate him. He's flirting with you, and you're uncomfortable."

(Y/n) grimaced, nodding. "I can stick it out as long as he doesn't come over here constantly or anything, but I'm more worried about you. You're close to biting his head off."

"I can't promise anything, but I'll do my best." They hummed and reached out for his hand that rested on the table. When they tapped it, he flipped his over to press their palms together and wrapped his fingers around the sides of their hand. He shifted their hands away from him, so they didn't have to stretch so far.

They dragged a nail over the inside of his wrist, laughing when they saw his irritation turn into one of slight disgust at the action. "So what are we doing after our hopefully wonderful dinner?"

The topic change got his attention and he gave them the smallest smile. "We are gonna do a little one-on-one football." They gave him a challenging grin.

"Oh, you are so going down, Itoshi Rin."

"You can try, my dear Aiku (Y/n), but you will be the loser here." He hummed, but their nice little moment was interrupted as the waiter set down their drinks and straws.

He looked at them with a passive aggressive smile. "Ready to order?" His eyes shined a darker blue than before, but definitely a much sharper one.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧