🩵XXI: LOVESTRUCK🩵

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

When it was time for him to drop them back off, both parties felt immensely happy from the date. They still only held pinkies, even as he walked them up to the door. Their gut sank a little, although their heart felt light and a grin held on their face.

In contrast, he felt the joy, but struggled to show it. The corners of his lips were just barely tilted up and his face held a softer expression than usual. It wasn't often he felt so strongly about something, and especially not someone, but they were definitely a special case to him.

They stopped in front of their front door and looked up at him, staring into those wonderful eyes of his. "Thank you for today, Rin." (Y/n) spoke, relatively quiet as their cheeks heated.

They spotted his cheeks being a light pink that was slowly darkening. "Thank you for agreeing to come along." He leaned down and stopped relatively close to their face. Right as he was about to pull away, they pressed their lips to his left cheek before pulling away.

Chuckling, they watched as he paused and his face turned red. When he came back to his senses, he pulled back and covered the lower half of his burning face with his hand.

"How cute." They hummed when he turned his face away. "Y'know, we should post those pictures from today, and maybe we could do this again someday?"

He looked back at them and nodded, removing the hand from his face. "I was supposed to kiss you first." He mumbled, grabbing their chin with his thumb and forefinger. Tilting their chin up, he leaned in close, his nose brushing against their cheek.

They almost stopped breathing, allowing them to feel his gentle breath on their face as it came through his barely parted lips. Letting their eyelids flutter closed, they could feel his soft lips barely brush theirs before fully pressing against them.

It lasted only a couple of seconds, but in a cliché way, it felt like an eternity to both of them. Neither felt strong enough to pull away, letting their foreheads press together as they kept their eyelids closed.

The moment felt perfect to them. Standing there after a wonderful day, pinkies locked together, sharing their feelings with quiet gestures.

Rin, reluctantly, was the first to pull away after opening his eyes. "Best to get back inside." They nodded, and entered their home, fingers grazing their lips as their eyes were opened wide.

Oliver looked up from his spot on the couch as soon as the door shut. A smile fell upon his lips at the sight of his lovestruck sibling. "How'd it go?" He asked, already assuming that it went amazing.

"It was amazing." Their voice unintentionally came out quiet, as they made contact with their brother's mismatched eyes.

They watched as he stood and opened his arms wide for a hug. They felt their heart swell and a giggle left their lips as they ran toward him and jumped. As usual, Oliver caught them with ease before sitting down and allowing them to talk about their date.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧