Chapter 1: Mario and Luigi

July 23rd, Brooklyn, New York - 8:45 AM

Mario slept peacefully in his bed until a pillow slammed onto his face. "OW!! What the?"

"Mario, wake up!!" His younger brother, Luigi, shouted.

"I'm up, I'm UUUPPP!!" Mario groaned awake. "What's going on?"

"We're gonna be late!" Luigi scurried and got their plumber gear ready. "A woman called us five minutes ago about a broken toilet!"

"Oh, shoot!" Mario threw himself out of bed and got his red shirt, white gloves, blue overalls with golden buttons, and brown shoes on. "Wait..."

He then managed to get his iconic red hat with the letter "M". Luigi's clothes were almost the same but his shirt and hat colors were green. He looked in the mirror and uttered, "Today's a new day..."

He got his utility bag and the brothers hurried down the stairs and got their stuff into their small yellow van with letters on the side that said, "Super Mario Bros. Plumbing. Where Plumbing's Our Game."

The brothers got into their van and drove down the busy streets of Brooklyn. Mario rubbed one of his eyes and uttered, "I had a weird dream...I was throwing vegetables at a frog king and then I'm sucked into a world where I'm fighting a pink puffball and a blue hedgehog, also some kind of boy in a black coat and wearing a mask..."

"Pretty weird dream." Luigi chuckled.

The van stopped at the address where they were supposed to go. A woman answered the door and Mario said, "Hello! We're the Mario Brothers where plumbing's our game!"

"Yeah, please come in here and fix my toilet." The woman replied. She's pretty agitated.

"Sure thing, ma'am," Luigi said.

The brothers went into the house and Mario took a deep look at the sink. He smirked at the slightest anomaly and showed his hand to Luigi. "Wrench."

Luigi handed him a wrench and he managed to fix the sink. The woman from afar smiled and said, "Wow..."

11:30 PM

The next house they went to had a drain problem in their bathtub but nothing that the Mario Bros. can handle with a drain snake. 

1:30 PM

 The brother's next house was something special and not like what they'd done before. It was Mayor Pauline's house! The men knocked on the door and the mayor opened it. The mayor was certainly beautiful for Mario to stare at her on the TV whenever she did press conferences, as she had red lips, long wavy dark brown hair, a curvy hourglass figure, and wore a red pantsuit and black ankle-strap high heels. 

"Ms. Mayor!" Mario exclaimed. "Why don't you show us the problem?"

"Sure thing," Pauline said as she guided the two to the bathroom.

The two went into the bathroom and saw that the entire bathroom was almost completely flooded. Pauline whimpered and said, "If you two can help me, that would be really great, please."

"Anything for you, Ms. Mayor," Mario said.

Mario and Luigi noticed the toilet being severely clogged and Mario pulled out his plunger. He took a deep breath and put the plunger in the toilet. He repeatedly used it over again and shouted, "Luigi, help me!"

"Oh, capellini!" Luigi exclaimed.

He grabbed onto Mario and the two pulled with all their might, the toilet released a massive wave of water that hit the two and Pauline screamed in shock and exclaim. The toilet then flushed and Mario uttered, "All fixed."

"I...I have some dry towels for you..." Pauline said as she went to her closet with her heels clicking and clacking.

Around 15 minutes later

The Mario Bros., completely dried, went outside of the house and Pauline stopped Mario. She had a small shade of red on her cheeks and said, "You fixed my toilet...You're a hero...My hero."

Mario chuckled, blushing. "I'm not a hero..."

Pauline giggled. "You are...Here...as a token of my gratitude..."

She then planted a kiss on his cheek. Mario gasped and Pauline let out another giggle as she closed the door. Mario felt the kiss mark on his cheek and blushed even more. Luigi chuckled and Mario stepped into the van. 

"She called me a "Hero..." Mario smiled.

"Man, a lady giving you a token of gratitude..." Luigi chuckled. "Imagine if we told Mom and  Dad about this-"

The sudden mention of their mysterious parents triggered something in Mario and he snapped, "STOP BRINGING UP MOM AND DAD ALL THE TIME!!! THEY'RE GONE!! If they were here or cared, they'd be proud of us right now!!"

"That's not true, about them not caring..." 

"YES, IT IS!!" Mario suddenly knew what happened. "Luigi, I'm...I'm sorry."

"Just...Just take us home..." Luigi sighed.

Mario started the car and began the drive home. Dinner was awkward with Mario's little meltdown like that but at least Pauline's kiss made the day worth it.