Chapter 2: The Pipe

The Next Day

Mario and Luigi managed to get up and Mario sighed as he got his hat back on. He turned to his brother and said, "Hey, Luigi...I'm sorry about what happened yesterday with my meltdown...It's just...I get so angry and the sudden mention of our parents, I just don't see them anymore..."

"Yeah...I know...I hardly remember them either. I just see them whenever I remember our birthdays, specifically the day we were born...I'm sorry too..."

"Brothers?" 

"Brothers."

Mario smiled and the brothers got into a hug. Luigi smiled and said, "Now that we've gotten that sorted out, let's head out to that location."

"Lets-a-go!" Mario exclaimed.

Luigi chuckled and the brothers went to their van.

In a mysterious sewer

The two parked the van at the entrance to the sewer entrance. Luigi stepped out with the gear bag and Mario said, "Let's do this."

He chuckled and the two entered the sewers. 

The sewers were a labyrinth of water and pipes. Mario turned on his flashlight and Luigi shuddered in fear as he had his light on. Mario whispered, "Woah...Which pipe would need fixing out of these thousands of pipes?"

"I-I-I don't know...But let's do it quickly, this place feels straight-up haunted." Luigi uttered, pretty much frozen in fear. 

"Alright." 

The two searched around the maze of pipes and then Mario saw a pipe he's never seen before. It was pretty large compared to all the thin pipes he's seen in his life. It was green instead of steel silver, and also had this gaping black hole. Mario took a closer look at it and Luigi showed some light to it...but it had no end. 

"It never ends..." Luigi uttered.

"Wow...This is something else..." Mario uttered.

Mario proceeded to tap on the pipe a tiny bit and then the pipe's hole began to glow. The two stepped back and then the pipe began to do this friendly little jingle and then the pipe sucked them in.

As they flew through the pipe's innards which was a cloudy void with currents that the brothers were in, Mario yelled as they glided through. Luigi yelped as he almost lost their gear bag.

"Mario!!" Luigi yelled.

"Luigi!" Mario yelled back.

He then took a deep breath and "swam" towards Luigi who quickly grabbed his hand. Luigi exclaimed a little and asked, "What's happening?!?"

"I don't know!!"

Suddenly, a gravitational pull made their grip loosen and Luigi was sucked into another current taking him to a desert-looking land. Mario yelled, "LUIGI!!!"

"MARIOOOOOO!!!!" Luigi yelled. 

Mario exclaimed and screamed as he started getting sucked into the current faster and faster. He closed his eyes and he heard voices in his head.

"Mario!"

"There's a huge universe out there..."

"PLUMBER!!!"

"Let's go, Mario!"

"Now you die!"

"MARIO!"

Suddenly, he was ejected out of the pipe and hit his head on the grass. Mario moaned and looked like he was seeing mushrooms...And he passed out...