Chapter 18: The Aftermath

Three Months Later

Mario sighed and looked at the night sky. It has been a crazy three months since he destroyed Bowser. The kingdom was rebuilt and all the koopas have been imprisoned and/or sentenced to community service.

"Hey, Mario!" He heard Peach's voice say.

Mario turned around and there was Peach in that classic pink dress that he remembers so fondly. He then walked over to her and the two joined the party that was happening in the castle courtyard. 

Rohan spun the record on the turntable and Toad laughed as the two DJs got ready for a big announcement. Donkey Kong was with his girlfriend, Candy, and Diddy pulled on his bowtie. Yoshi got "Tongue-tied" with a pink yoshi and Mario smiled at Peach.

"Alright. We've got a surprise for you all but first, we'll take it slow for all of you fancy dancers out there. And also, an announcement: Three months ago, King Bowser was defeated, and now we have hope and freedom back to our kingdom and also the universe...However, evil never sleeps and will always try to destroy what we've worked hard to build but if we stay true, together, and have hope and hearts, we can accomplish anything. My parents, Stephen and Carol, and my uncle and aunt, Richard and Sophie, shall now rest knowing that their respective children defeated that monster. Now, this song goes out to a special couple. The founders and co-leaders of the Super Mario Crew: Mario and Peach."

Mario and Peach blushed and the princess giggled. The two took hands and walked over to the dancefloor.

(Perfect by Camila Cabello)

The two then waltzed through the dancefloor and the other party-goers joined them on the floor. Donkey Kong held out his hand for Candy and the two walked over. Luigi smiled at his brother dancing and then Daisy walked over to him, her cheeks red and her lips curled into a smile. She then said, "Thank you for saving me...Luigi....MWAH!"

She kissed Luigi's cheek and the plumber turned red and felt the kiss mark left on the cheek. Luigi then started wheezing and then immediately got paralyzed. Daisy giggled and took Luigi to the dancefloor.

After the Party

Mario and Peach walked out to a balcony of the castle and gazed at the moon shining down on the Mushroom Kingdom. Peach looked at Mario and the two smiled. With that, the two leaned in and had their first formal kiss.

Fireworks then launched and the two looked at the horizon to admire them.