Chapter 16: Mario VS Bowser

Mushroom Kingdom - World-1

Peach took a deep breath as Bowser's ship released its anchors and the front of the ship sank and faced the three heroes. Luigi wiped the sweat from his forehead and then the front of the ship opened its door and...there was Bowser with the Power Star behind him. Peach growled and said, "King Bowser!! You've killed my parents, King Richard and Queen Sophie...and you've killed Mario...You will pay for this...with your life."

"Are you sure you can do that?" Bowser asked. "The Power Star is close to full power!"

Peach then yelled out and the three heroes charged at the turtle king.

Meanwhile in the town

Daisy managed to get the last few toads on the last boat out of the Mushroom Kingdom and looked at Yoshi. "You ready??"

Yoshi nodded and the two looked at the sky which was overrun with airships. Numerous koopas and soldiers were raining down from the ships and then a few surrounded the two. Daisy punched a soldier to the ground and then Yoshi opened his mouth and put a line of koopas in his mouth with his tongue. Daisy kicked a Koopa and then Kamek appeared on his broomstick and cackled. Daisy glared at Kamek and then the wizard charged at her and Yoshi.

Meanwhile on the Rainbow Road

Mario felt himself going a little stressed over how far World-1 was. He then stomped on the gas some more and the kart went faster. The other kongs followed up with them and they all ended up in World-1. Cranky revved up his motorcycle kart and then an airship noticed them.

"Mario and Kongs spotted!" A Koopa commander shouted.

"FIRE ALL BULLET BILLS NOW!!" Another Koopa shouted.

The airship then fired a bunch of Bullet Bills at rainbow road. A kong noticed this and said, "Incoming!"

"Buckle up!" Cranky said to Mario and Donkey Kong.

Mario clenched onto the steering wheel and quickly steered the kart across the road, avoiding the bullet bills. A bullet bill hit the side edge of the road and Mario yelped. He managed to get the kart to stay on the road and noticed someone ahead.

At the docks

Rohan set his bag of food in the raft that was left at the docks. He then heard a sparkling sound and then saw the rainbow road in the distance. He squinted his eyes to get a good look and then yelped as he got out of the way of the road and tumbled on the ground. Mario suddenly drifted the kart off the road and stopped by Rohan while the other kongs drove through the town. Mario and Donkey Kong got off the kart and Rohan stood up and exclaimed, "MARIO! YOU'RE ALIVE!!"

He hugged Mario and then Donkey Kong said, "Rohan! My man!"

"WOOOWW!! DK, what's up, dude!?"

He shook the gorilla's hand and Mario asked, "What are you doing, Rohan?"

"I'm getting out of here," Rohan answered. "I...I can't help beat Bowser...besides, it's Peach's destiny..."

"No, it's okay." Mario put a hand on his shoulder. "It's your destiny too. I'm one of the Seven Star Children, and I'm alive in well."

"What? YOU'RE ONE OF THE STAR CHILDREN?!?!"

"Yeah, and...I have this feeling that you are too..."

"Maybe...we can ask Peach that. But...I'm not sure Peach is gonna trust me again...Not after I said that our mission to get an army was a fool's errand."

"It's fine. Peach can forgive you. She's the only family you have left besides Daisy. Earlier back in the desert while you were asleep on the truck, Peach told me that you and her dad were what inspired her to be a leader."