Chapter 15: Donkey Kong

Mysterious Void

Mario walked around the black void that he was in and heard footsteps. With that, he looked around and saw what appeared to be Peach but she was covered in shadowy energy and her eyes were yellow. "Mario...You're a failure."

"W-What?" Mario stammered.

Suddenly, a man looked close to Mario and Luigi but had a beard and sunglasses and was covered in the same energy as the fake Peach appeared. "You and your brother were cowards to run away from me."

"Take that back, Spike!"

A fake Toad also appeared. "You've been asking for trouble the moment you've got here!"

"You're just a fat plumber who literally no one asked to come here!" a fake Rohan appeared. "We were doing fine before you showed up!"

"You don't even have parents or friends!" a fake Yoshi said.

Mario stammered and was hurt by what the fake doppelgangers of his companions said. He wanted to yell for help but nothing was coming out. He then got a shiver up his spine and saw himself covered in the same energy. The fake Mario appeared and said, "Do us a favor...and DIE already!!"

"Die!" The fake clones all said. "Die! Die! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!! DIE!!!!"

On the beach - Kong Island, World-5

Mario yelped and coughed up sand. He sighed. That was just a nightmare...

He looked around and asked, "Where am I?"

He saw that he was on a giant island filled with trees and a mountain with a gorilla's head on it. Mario gasped as he noticed his hat was missing and then said, "This must be Kong Island..."

He walked down the jungle and then found what appeared to be a treehouse with a sign that says, "DK'S HOUZE," and then climbed up the rope ladder. Mario gasped and uttered, "Leaping lasagna...This is a house..."

He then heard footsteps and saw a male gorilla with a burly physique. The gorilla also had brown fur and a red necktie with yellow letters saying, "DK" and the fur on the top of his head looked close enough to having a hairstyle. The gorilla then said, "Hey! What are you doing in my house?!?"

"I'm so sorry!" Mario protested. "I need somewhere to get help! I'm hurt and I'm not sure what to do! I work with Princess Peach and Prince Rohan!!"

"Wait...You work with the Princess?" The gorilla paused. "...Groovy, dude! Sorry about the trouble!"

"It's alright." Mario exhaled.

"Name's Donkey Kong but you can call me "DK."

"Mario."

"Want a banana?"

"I guess."

Donkey Kong got two bananas from a nearby pile and Mario was shocked that the bananas were still fresh. As he bit into the fruit, his blood and scars suddenly disappeared but his hat was still gone. "Woah..."

"Pretty nice, huh?" Donkey Kong asked.

"My scars and wounds are gone...How?"

"Oh, on this island, bananas here are magic. They're also our form of medicine, money, and politics."

"I guess bananas are the best medicine in this place. What do you and bananas do to get all the girls? A banana smoothie?"

"Wow! That is one of the best banana-related jokes I've heard since my nephew!" Donkey Kong then laughed like Seth Rogen. "Oh, my! I'm sorry. These things are the bomb!"