Chapter 8: Fire Flower Meadow

World-1

Mario, Rohan, Toad, and Peach traveled outside of town and proceeded to journey to the other kingdoms. They walked through a bridge and Mario asked, "So, how are we gonna make our army?"

"First, we go to World-3 or Yoshi Island and recruit Yoshis, then we go to Sarasaland to pick up your brother and ask my cousin, Daisy if she can join the fight, then we'll go to Kong Island or known as World-5 and ask the emperor if he and his son can join us," Peach answered.

"Kongs? As in gorillas?"

"Yeah," Rohan replied. "They're sentient, somewhat loud, but kinda friendly if you don't make them angry."

"You must've really planned this out." 

Peach blushed a little and chuckled. "I mean I've been planning this for years so lots of training and earning the trust of the other parts of the kingdom was put in so we can defeat Bowser."

Toad looked up at the sky and said, "We'd better go get camp set up. It's almost nightfall."

"Yes...The sun's setting..."

"I think we should get going and find somewhere to sleep," Rohan replied. "My feet can't keep walking like this. Peach, how do your feet not hurt?? You're wearing HIGH HEELS!"

"A princess never reveals her secret," Peach smirked coyly.

A few hours passed and it became night already. Mario groaned and asked, "Are we there yet?"

"Yep," Rohan answered. "We're at a Fire Flower meadow."

Mario gasped and saw they were in a vast meadow with fields filled with big trees and beds of red-yellow flowers with beady eyes. The heroes walked through the meadow and Mario asked, "What are these?"

"Fire Flowers," Toad replied. "These can be used for all kinds of things."

Mario smiled and glided his hand through the flowers and Rohan asked, "You wanna touch one?"

"Why?" Mario asked.

"Watch."

He, Toad, and Rohan turned their attention to Peach who glided her hand through the flowers and then glided her gloved hand over one of them and fire began to slightly come onto her hand. Mario flinched in fear but it didn't seem like she wasn't in any pain. Instead, her outfit changed as her dress transformed from pink to a white and red color scheme. 

Mario uttered, "Woah..."

Peach then summoned a fireball from her hand and threw it. Her throw was exquisite and the fireball flew far from the heroes' eyes.

"What happened?" Mario asked, astonished.

Peach turned to face Mario and answered, "Power-Ups. They're special items that have been here since the dawn of time. They are used in daily life and can give us special abilities. Even change our clothing."

"Really? That explains the toads shooting fireballs back at training."

"You should see Peach when she and my mother used the Super Bells."

"Please don't, Rohan," Peach uttered.

Rohan quickly showed a picture of a young Peach with what appeared to be his mother smiling and both wearing catsuits with small white places of fur, white paws, and cat ears, and also with Peach's suit being pastel-pink and Rohan's mother's suit being purple. 

Mario slightly chuckled and Peach cringed in embarrassment. She replied, "I didn't know how the Super Bell worked so Aunt Carol used one as well to teach me how it worked."