Morning Trauma

Richie Tozier

5h10

My eyes are closed. I'm half asleep you could say?...
I mean, I can clearly hear everything around me.
The wind outside, the loud noise of the fridge right above us, I think i even heard some footsteps upstairs.
Probably Mike, with the farm and everything, he always wakes up early. Or maybe Stan? He says that going outside early in the morning is more calm, and he can see more birds. I really don't get what that man has with Bird-watching. Its almost creepy...

And thats when I realized the heavy breathing next to me. At first I though it was just my imagination,
but no. Eddie was having a nightmare.

My eyes shot wide open and I turned around, quickly but carefully, to face Eddie's back. I am wide awake.
I reached a hand to his shoulder to slowly turn him on his other side. After some struggles I finally was able to.
I wrapped my arms around him, not really knowing what else to do, but it always seems to calm him. His eyes shot open, his breathing quick and uneven.

"Calm down Eddie..."

"It's just me..."

"You're okay..."

I repeat to him.
He seems to calm down slowly, clutching onto my shirt as if his life depends on it.

"Richie..?"

"Yeah, it's just me Eds... You're okay."

His eyes are teary, but his breathing is more normal and calm.
His grip on my shirt has loosened.

We stayed like that for a few minutes. Untill he laid his head on my chest.

"I'm..I'm sorry for waking you up..."

"No its fine Eds... If you don't mind me asking, is it still the same nightmare..?"

...

"Yeah..."

He's had that same fucking nightmare ever since that shitty clown happened.
He's in the neibolt house, alone. His arm is injured. And we're not there to help him.
He tries to scream, but nothing come out, as the 'clown' slowly approaches him.
And he tries to run away, but he can't move.
And then the clown start to, well, literally eat him.

I then heard him yawn.

"Can I go back to sleep..?"

"I mean- yeah Eds, who am I to tell you you can't? Your mom?"

"No I mean, like this..."

"If...You're comfortable, sure..."

"Thanks for being such a nice ... friend, Richie..."

"Yeah, of course..."

Right. Friend.