Tears were shed

Eddie Kapbrak

6h35 PM

Our eyes met. I felt both sadness and anger as his gaze fell upon mine.
I don't wanna see him.
I just want to forget him again.
Why dir I remenber him?
Why did I have to miss him so much?

We all eventually sat down around the table, and if my evening wasn't a bit unlucky already, me and Richie had to sat down next to each other. Ben was next to Mike and Bev, who was next to Bill, and Stan was inbetween me and him.
So Richie was sitting at my right, next to Mike.
And we talked.

"Yeah I got married,"

"To what? to like a woman?"

"Fuck you dude."

"What about you Richie are you married?"

"There's no way Richie's married!"

"You didn't know I got married?"

"No,"

"Yeah, me and your mom are very happy!"

"Fuck you man! That's not funny!"

"Let's take our shirts off and kiss!"

I shocked myself saying that, and I caught Richie off guard.
Making him lose the arm wrestle.

_______________
Richie Tozier

10h21 PM

"Its's not that this is boring, but we had a long trip so I'm a bit tired."

"I agree with Rich, maybe we should head to the hotel."

So we started to head out.
We met a kid that knew me for my comedy on the way, after talking with him, I said 'I don't even write my own material' and Eddie just yelled 'I knew it! I fucking knew it'
God, I've been feeling so fucking anxious ever since I realized Eddie was here. And- what does he mean by he knew it?
I was heading to my car untill Eddie started to talk to me...

"Could I ride with you? I kind of crashed my car when Bev called me."

"Sure Eds, I'd be happy to."

And then we were just sitting in my car...
In complete silence...
And a thick breeze of awkwardness.

Double fuck.

______________________________

The awkwardness is so thick you could probably cut it with a knife, or scissors, wichever you prefer.

"Hey, Richie?"

I didn't expect him to talk to me..?

"Yeah?"

"Why'd you leave to LA."

My breath caught in my lungs.

"I just- needed a fresh start."

"Seriously? So what, you just played with my feelings and left? I don't think... I didn't think you were that much of a douche Richie. But thanks for the notif."

"Look Eddie-"

"No, just- If you're trying to find another stupid excuse or a lie for me to fucking believe you or even trust you again just go fuck yourself. Its fucked up what you did, making me fall for you having feelings too? Great fucking job, you really got me this time."

Is he...crying?
He is.
I go park the car on the side of an empty store parking lot.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"Listen-"

"No! I dont wanna hear it! Just- Turn the car back on and get us to the fucking hotel!"

"Eds-"

"I dont wanna hear anymore of your fucked up excuses-"

"Eddie!-"

"JESUS CHRIST WOMAN I SAID I DIDN'T WANNA HEAR-"

He shut himself up.
He probably realized what he said.
But it doesnt make it hurt less.
I know I got the operations.
I'm happier now.
But all the memories of just...how hard it used to be.
I'm happier now, but that doesn't change the fact I had to be something I hated for most of my life.
That I couldn't always be who I am.
And that still hurts.

"Fuck Richie I-"

"No it's... fine."

"No!" I didn't expect him to be so defensive. "It's not fine, that basically ruined you whole fucking childhood so its not right for me to call you that! I might be mad at you, but I have no right to say that... I'm... I'm sorry."

We stayed quiet for a bit. The silence being uncomfortable, but neither of us wanting to break it.
He was still crying.
He was trying to calm himself down, but the tears still flew down his cheeks.
So I did what I always used to do, I shifted on my seat, and as uncomfortable as it was, I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him in for a hug.

_______________
We might be strangers now, we still have memories