Dinner with Naoto

07/08

After school

I better go let the fox know I completed the request. It seems really happy about it.

Hermit Social Link: Rank 6

I spent some time with the fox before heading home.

Evening.

Back to the hospital I guess. Need money to maintain the scooter.

Sayoko brought me to an empty room. She's not saying anything.

"Did something happen?" I asked.

"Stop it. Do you think you're some kind of counsellor now? I'm sorry, there's no point in taking it out on you. I just got a call from the hospital I last worked at. The patient I was assigned to, died. He was still just a little child. He always said he wanted to go to school, but it looks like he'll never get that chance. You know, he proposed to me, I told him I'd think about it when he became an adult. But I, I forgot about him! When I transferred here, I was so busy. I thought about him once in a while, but soon I just forgot. But he was fighting for his life that entire time! What am I doing?" She asked, then began to cry.

"Don't blame yourself." I said.

"I do, of course I blame myself. Why did I transfer? When a patient gets better, I get left behind, but now, I'm the one who left a patient behind. There should've been something I could have done." She said. She seems to be tormenting herself.

I tried to say something to her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm glad you came today." She said.

Boy I was REALLY harsh on her at first. Granted she was creepy, but, she's a good person and is hurting, a lot. I think she trusts me a little more.

Devil Social Link: Rank 6

"I'll do it. There has to be something, anything I can do. Goodbye." She said.

I left Sayoko and went home.

07/09

The rain doesn't seem to be letting up this morning.

After school.

I'll go see if the fox has a new request for me. It does, it's written in beautiful feminine writing.

"I want to be able to converse better. I don't want to hurt people with the rude things I say when I'm nervous." It said.

This one oughta be interesting. I have no idea where to look. I'll spend some time with Yosuke in the meantime. We went to the food court to eat.

"So, watcha gonna eat?" He asked.

The two girls from earlier approached us.

"Hey Hanamura!!"

"What is it today?" Yosuke asked.

"How come Kazumi can take the day off and we can't?"

"Huh?" Yosuke asked

"We told you before! We can't work Saturdays! So when we refused, they said they were going to fire us! I don't get this!"

"Hey, I talked to the manager. Senpai, have you been taking absences without leave lately?" Yosuke asked.

"I-I just forgot to come. Besides that's not the point! What're you going to do about this!? I have a date today!"

"How come you're favouring Kazumi huh!? You were like that with Saki too!"

"Huh!?" Yosuke said.

"Don't try to hide it! We all know! You like Saki and treated her special!"

"I don't think Saki-senpai has anything to do with this subject." Yosuke said.