Season2:Chapter5

"Life is a storm that will test you unceasingly.
Don't wait for calm water that may not arrive.
Derive purpose from resilience. Learn to sail the raging sea"

Beautiful set of golden words rang in his mind Which stimulated his confidence tenfold and he got the answer straightway. Without wasting much time he chose to escape an unnecessary hubbub, taking her unconscious figure securely in his protective arms. No. he wasn't someone to run away from problems. From difficulty. But was habituated to travail in struggles of life. He was dauntless enough to face them. challenge them. He could combat with those villagers and save her at first hand. But as saying barking infront of a deaf frog is an act of stupidity. For those orthodox ultra-conservative people, their age-old custom is above everything. Much more important than a life. and no matter what they wouldn't let their custom to be broken. Neither they would let her survive easily.

But he promised to himself that he would save her at any cost. Many had lost their lives due to this evil practice. Not anymore. He won't let any inhumanity happen to that innocent soul. Also he didn't want to lose control this time, like he did years back and set the whole village on fire. yet he never got back what he lost. At that time being he learned a thing, recklessness always ended up ruining everything.

Nevertheless, life was in no mood to let him smoothly. As he was scampering accross the desolate street, stumbled upon with a branch of tree and collapsed on the ground...him over an unconscious Bondita.

"What are you thinking of doing Anirudh Babu?" Anirudh didn't get minimum time to gather himself up, got shocked to the core upon seeing the villagers surrounding him with a malicious grin on their faces, and in no time they threw countless obnoxious questions at him. How came they here! Appalled he was. Howbeit stood up holding Bondita protectivly as a sheild.

"Anirudh Babu, hand the girl over to us" Mukhiya walked upto Anirudh faking politeness. Latter stepped back shaking in negation.

"No. I won't."he held her hand tightly. Looked towards the crowd carrying an unyielding expression gravelled, "I won't let you practice any cruelty to this girl" His voice was calm but firm and determined.

Unexpectedly he was caught off guard by the guffawing sound of laughter had produced in the huge crowd. Did he make any jokes?

"You will be her protecter?!" One threw a dramatic exclamation, controlling his laughter. "Anirudh Babu don't forget you are the sole reason she is here today. At such condition. All set to perform Sati pratha. She is a widow because of you"

His hold around her hand loosened as the realisation dawned him upon. Was he really the reason?!

Yet again he managed to subdued some instant guilt ridden thought and tightened his hold around her. Stated with same strident voice "No. No such evil practices will be done to her as long as I'm alive"

Thereafter Anirudh and the villagers continued to fight over the topic for quite a long time. No one was ready to step back. The villagers threatened him to handover Bondita to them whereas Anirudh stood unwavering on his decision.

"It would be better if you Stop giving lecture Barrister Babu. You think we don't know how you are! what you will do with this girl. Huh? We are not kids to be fooled by your pretending to be great attitude. We know how two faced you are. After killing your brother you want to save your brother's wife! That's an utterly shameful act ."

"Like mother like son. His mother was a prostitute. Warming strangers bed was her business. Then how can he be different from his harlot mother.

Dejected expression with a wistful smile on lips his bleak eyes were fixed at those people, for whome he worked day and night. Tirelessly. Without any investment. Just for their happiness, their betterment. But they never get bored criticizing him. Blaming him for something he never did. Making egregious comments about his character.