Chapter16

"Congratulations Barrister Bondita Das. You did an excellent job. And due to your brilliant work you are getting an opportunity to work under the most famous Barrister of London, Oliver Johnson. We are elated to give you the offer of employment for the Lawyer's post under our esteemed Barrister Johnson.."

The clapping sounds pierced her eardrum. Her eyes darted around the inns of court. Those were the same hands clapped other day out of mocking the Indians, her... having launched an unbearable belittling description about her country. Now after witnessing her remarkable accomplishment how so quickly they had changed their colour..! It's extremely shameful. She somehow summoned up a smile, held out the appointment letter and tore up into multiple pieces. All of their jaw dropped when pieces of the letter straightly hit their face.

"I hope you got your answer"

Her calm and composed personality rendered others shock. Ignoring them all Bondita turned to leave, the assistant of Johnson blocked her path.

"Impressive! I liked your way of celebration Miss. Bondita. After receiving such a big opportunity you certainly couldn't hold on your excitement and tore up the letter. That's quite exhilarating."

Others started laughing thinking it to be best ever joke, whereas, Bondita's facial expression was still deadpan.

"You know what, I don't have a poor sense of humour to get entertained by your lame jokes. It's only useful for your country and useless people out here...." Thus shutting their mouth, she maintained her staunch and spoke flatly, "Also, inform your Mr. Whatever Barrister that Bondita Das did not become a Barrister to enslave the British. She knows her roots, her obligation towards her country, her motherland and well aware of their self-respect. Today one Bondita Das is standing infront of you as a Barrister but tomorrow hundred Bondita will be Barrister and be mindful, that will be perfect madicine for all of your chronic disease, called 'Ego'..."

And she went away leaving them all speechless on the spot.

"Samudra, get ready. We are going back to India tomorrow..."

"Really?!!" Both, Samudra and Aisha jumped in happiness. "Thank God, you finally agreed"

Bondita stopped on her track and looked at them guiltily. "I know, you two have endured a lot for me. Blinded by some futile emotions I forgot my duty...my responsibility towards my country. Even I failed my Shikshak Babu. It was Barrister Babu's dream to make me a Barrister so I can bring changes in the society, but I didn't even tell him when I fulfilled his dream. our dream. It's been two months I became a Barrister, and my Shikshak Babu has not the slightest idea about this fact..."

Tears in her eyes alerted Samudra. He knew, his friend will again blame herself and drown in guilt complex, thus to console her he feigned anger, "Not again Bondita. Here I'm so excited to meet my family after a long time but you are spoiling my joyful mood. Year, forget everything and just imagine Barrister dada's happy face the moment he will see you as a Barrister."

This made her smile brightly. Yes. He will be so happy. After all, their hardwork paid off. His student fulfilled his dream. "You are right Samudra. But keep it secret. Don't inform anyone, not even Shubho bhaiyya or Barrister Babu. We will surprise them all.."

The trio enjoyed the evening and next day started their journey. They were on the way to seaport spent some emotional moments biding adieu each other as Aisha will embark journey to Saudi Arabia, whereas Bondita and Samudra to India.
Aisha took her leave, went a little away from them but suddenly stopped and hugged Samudra.

"I will miss you Sam..." She cried hiding herself in his arms Which instinctively was reciprocated by Samudra. He apologetically looked at Aisha and patted her back,