Chapter10

The day dawned crisp and clear. rising sun cast a rosy hue across the morning sky. Golden fingers of sunlight lit up the scene. Another day had arrived, bringing with it new hopes and aspirations.

The light of dawn poured through the window and erased the darkness of the Hut. He rubbed his bleary eyes, opened them sluggishly only to start the day by seeing her angelic face. His princess. Her sleeping face was occuring incoherent expression. She looked too cute to resist. He prodded her in the nose and giggled on his own. She stirred a bit in her sleep. Her sudden movement pushed him into a realisation about his position. Wait! He.was.on.her.lap.all night! Damn!!!

An inaudible gasp escaped his mouth as he bolted up from her and sprung on his feet. Soon, without putting much struggle, last night's memories flooded before him. That means he revealed everything before her! Although, sooner or later, she was supposed to know about all this but he didn't want it this way. When he was inebriated. Anyways, whatever happens, happens for the best.

He turned around to go but stopped, taking notice of her sleeping in an uncomfortable position. This girl! She surely was going to get back pain. Heaving a sigh, he put her in bed carefully, covered her tiny frame with comforter, caressed her head and left.

.
.
.

Anirudh went to brick factory only to find everyone, Greenwood and villegers were waiting for him. Today too, he appeared there alone! This sight drew a wide malicious grin on Greenwood's face. and he, showing the audacity to mess with Britisher, had earned a venomous objurgation from Villager's. Greenwood ridiculed his overconfident attitude. Lambasted him that he was always a pauper. He should went back to the streets to Panhandle for money, to not challenge the commander of country. No one was ever going to take pity on him.

On one side there's kept contract paper and other side was a strip of leather. Greenwood injuncted him to wear the strap as an acceptance of his slavery. He had no other way to escape. Heaving a deep sigh in despondence , he crouched down to pick the strap.

Observing the grimace of utter desolation on his countenance, Greenwood spoke contemptuously, " Mr. Anirudh, don't hesitate. It's your destiny. Pick it up. Have heard you were always all alone, still no one is with you. that's really sad. But be my servent. You will be surviving rest of your life peacefully...."

"No. He is not alone and will never be alone..."

A fruity voice attracted everyone's attention. Switching the direction of their eyes saw a young girl coming out from behind a raw of brick. Her patent blazing eyes and fiery look had produced a ferocious atmosphere around her. His hand, which was creeping to touch the strap halted at once, no sooner that familiar voice entered his audible area. A small smile appeared on his bleak countenance as he murmured in bemusement, "Bondita...!!"

"Who is this young lady?" Greenwood wondered, scanning her from top to bottom. She didn't look like any ordinary Indian woman, but her tigress attitude was displaying different aura. She seemed to be exceptional from the crowd.

Bondita swaggered along the way, move passed others and stood near Anirudh, fixing her firey red eyes with Greenwood's arrogant one, stated confidently, "Afiser gerenwod, Birristra Babu isn't alone. Bondita is with him and will always be by his side regardless of events or circumstances till her last breath...."

Greenwood's eyes widened in utter shock, not only to see her intrepidity but also the way she made khichdi of his beautiful name.

Anirudh straightened up his posture. Raised eyes to meet Bondita who was staring at him with a glint of tears in her tiny orb. He too stared back at her with a proud smile on his face. He was so so happy. Too happy to be described in mere words. Not because Bondita came and he was saved from becoming a servent but on witnessing her courage. Divining the future of Indian women. Till yesterday she was scared to death, to even go out of the Hut. always stayed apprehensive about men but today she came so far all alone. Facing thousands of men along the way thus braving her chronic trauma. He could foresee the eventuality of valiant step she took today. One day she will write her own destiny overcoming all obstacles in life and her bravery will create new history.