Chapter18

Sacrifice is another name of Love:

Prem me Tyagi Jo bane
Asli Prem ki chah
Das narayana prem me
rom rom hai bhigoye
Prem Prem sab koi kahe
Prem Na chine koye~

The mansion was embellished with beautiful flowers and balloons. There great bustle was going on. Each and every corner of the Haveli was decorated mesmerizingly. Glitters of happiness in the air.

The creatively decorated mansion echoed with cheerful intense clapping and whistles as the couple eventually got engaged after fifteen years of separation.

With a wide smile plastered on face Bondita distributed sweets among the people and lastly went to the couple and fed Noor."Congratulations Noor apu" to which Noor thanked her with a warm smile.

"Congratulatio....." On the spur of the moment she forwarded a sweet to Anirudh, and when realisation hit her bitterly, the mask of smile she wore feigning happiness sunk in pool of tears flooded her eyes. Nervousness engulfed her as she tried to pull her hand back but Anirudh drew her closer and shoved the sweet in his mouth fixing her with an intense gaze. "Won't you congratulate me?"

A nervous smile spread across her face. The intensity of his gaze made her weak on the knees. "Co...congra... congratulation Barr..barrister Babu.."

"Thank you Bondita" He returned her a bright smile. If she can pretend to be happy, why can't he? Though his indifferent behaviour pierced her heart she summoned a smile and proceeded a conversation with Noor. Anirudh's eyes followed her. His vision summoned tears to fill his empty eyes as he recalled somthing..

Flashback...

The news of Noor Jahan being alive and her marriage with Anirudh Roy Chowdhury spread across the town. People who had umpteenth of problems with Bondita as she now became a successful Barrister and propelled herself ahead of men in professionilsm got a chance to criticize her.

One day Bondita went to temple in the evening, without her knowledge Anirudh followed her there to talk to her privately..as their house was full of people. But he suddenly heard some people badmouthing Bondita about her character...

"What's the use of being a Barrister when the person who's prostitute you were for so long is now giving his name to someone else? He just used you for his needs, and now dumped you like dirt. But loot at you...you couldn't even trap him in your beauty. Your relationship with him is still nameless. After a few days when Anirudh Babu's wife will come to know the truth what will you do? No doubt she'll raise questions on your relationship with her husband. Why did you two stay in a house for so long without any relationship? and so on, but do you have any answer? You shut us up with your arguments but what will you say to a wife about her husband's extra marital affair. After knowing your real face Noor Malkin will soon throw you out of her house....."

Bondita was rooted to the floor, unable to speak or move. Pool of tears blurred her vision. Those useless people's crap didn't affect her, it never did, but what affected her today was the reality. A bitter realisation dawned her upon about their unnamed relationship. Soon after the marriage everyone will go to their own houses. Even Trilochan will go back to Tulsipur as now Anirudh's completely recovered. What will she do then?..Noor knew that she had come to visit Anirudh's house with Trilochan...but that was not the truth. Sooner or later Noor will be known to the truth that her husband and a random girl stayed in a house for years without any relationship! Will Noor understand their nameless yet so beautiful relationship or it will create misunderstanding between Noor and Anirudh?

Above all, Will she herself be able to live under the same roof along with Anirudh and his wife? How long could she pretended to be happy and strong? When the reality is she was dying deep down with each passing day.