Chapter13

Bondita's exam was over. After the day, she had an explosive outbursts, she didn't talk to Anirudh or disturb him. for, she thought he really wanted her to stay away from him. All day she would keep herself busy in studies killing other distracting thoughts. His distant behaviour had crushed her dreamworld and Eventually her disappointment turned into fierce determination. Determination to prove herself. That's the contentment Anirudh earned shedding tears in silence.

A regional multi-sports competition was organized in Durgapur village after a gap of four years. It's an organized sporting event which featured mostly traditional games, like - foot races, jumping, football, wrestling, Kabbadi, Kusti, buffalo race, Ball Badminton, Archery, quize competition, dancing, singing and drama/storytelling. All these play competitions were conducted and events were typically held over a few days to accomodate the large number of events held. All earnest Participants were allowed to take part in the competition individually or as team and showcase their talent, although the main purpose of the event was fun and entertainment.

Anirudh quite excitedly looked towards the stage as it was time for Bondita's performance. Bondita and her classmates were going to perform a drama. Samudra told him last day. He sat in the second row, flanked by his friends...Shubham and Saurabh. Salim sat next to Shubham as always simply ignoring his presence. Shubham and Saurabh, both occasionally stole glances from their wives, Savitri and Sampoorna, busy gossiping with other women at a corner side of the venue. Anirudh shook his head chuckling on his two friends spotted Bondita on the stage appeared with her team. His lips developed a bright smile as he remembered what all her Teacher's had said in the morning. Everyone praised her a lot that she improved much more in studies within a few days. She again became passionate about study and scored hundred out of hundred in every subjects. Anirudh, since then was jumping inwardly out of happiness. Although marks isn't a very true indicator of one's intelligence, knowledge, or skills, but they do determine one's hard work, discipline and determination. He himself observed her dedication towards studies and the exam result just confirmed that she was back on the track and committed to improvement and growth.

An outburst of clapping among audience pulled him out of his reverie. ohhh... Their performance has started!! He sat straight, keenly looking forward to see what kind of drama Bondita was going to perform. As main protagonist Bondita and Samudra put a bit of intro in the picture. The script was written by Bondita based on a real life tragic love story between a Hindu boy and Muslim girl. The play started and the very next moment Anirudh was rendered speechless as two name meet his ears were Anirudh and Noor Jahan. He looked at them in horror.

"Anirudh, What are they doing???" Shubham whispered confusedly watching their performance. Anirudh gritted in rage. Outrageously tried to get up was stopped by Shubham. Shubham sensed his friend's inner turmoil taking the surroundings in mind pleaded him not to create a scene before thousands of audience. Anirudh squeezed his eyes tight and puffed a harsh breath. Appalled he was. Extremely embarrassed for them representing Noor and his lovestory infront of a thousands people. Why they were making a drama of his incomplete lovestory to entertain people! Why they were revealing Noor and his relationship which was hidden from this world all these years! Noor was no more and therefore he wanted their incomplete lovestory to remain a secret from this cruel world and confined as bittersweet memories in his heart till he was alive.

A drop of tear cascaded his eyes as he saw them propel the play till Noor was burnt alive by the society and Anirudh was imprisoned. Silence clouded the ambience. A carnivorous silence. After when it felt like an eternity some showed them appreciation with a round of applause, Whereas some started gossiping among themselves.

This alerted Anirudh. People already have endless problem with Bondita. Always casted aspersions on her character and now she played a lovestory...that also between a Hindu boy and Muslim girl on the stage. It was almost like challenging the religious descriminaion. Observing those narrow-minded Villager's expression he perceived this challenge would not attract pleasant consequence.