Chapter11

"Our dreams are now of the same colour,
Wherever the paths take us, we'll be together

Our paths were destined to meet one day,
Just like flowers are destined to bloom in spring.

O my soulmate I need you forever ~

Greenwood gave a pair of water buffalo to Anirudh as farmer plough the land to make it cultivable for growing crops. Anirudh tilled the field by buffaloes to a certain inch and add natural manure to the land to improve the fertility of the soil. Finally, when the land was covered with water for about 2 - 2.5 cm before the seedlings were sown, he ploughed a second time to make the soil ready for planting. It took more than ten days to prepare the land for transplanting the paddy seedlings as he did everything alone.

He was alone. Worked half day in the farmland and half day in the factory. Bondita always wanted to help him in factory as well as in the field, but Anirudh only requested her to study. all night he would teach her and in the morning he used to go to work in the field and in that time Bondita completed her homework, prepared lunch and rushed to Anirudh. Then, from there both went to work in the factory. No one extended a helping hand to them, moreover Greenwood strictly prohibited Villegers to aid them anyway. Anirudh didn't have to use any money but he had to use a lot of time and labour. As a result his health became progressively worse over time.

.
.
.

Let all my smile be yours
All your tears be mine,

Let all my happiness be yours
All your sadness be mine,

Let the whole world be yours,
Only you be mine....
 Dear, I do everything to make you smile, because your smile
It fills me with peace, and the world rejoices, you are that Angel who conquer.

O my soulmate I need you forever~

One night, after coming from the factory, Anirudh had gone to take a bath, whereas Bondita decided to prepare something to eat. Bondita was twiddling with thumbs for half an hour as he hadn't returned yet. To her utter relief, she finally spotted him coming towards the Hut. All of a sudden he tripped over his own feet, at the last minute She clasped his hand and saved him from colliding with Bamboo pillars.

"Are you okay Birristra Babu..?" She voiced, giving him a towel to wipe his wet body. She keenly studied his face. Concerned she was. He didn't seem to be his energatic self lately. He didn't talk to her much, didn't tease or crack lame jokes just to put a smile on her face. Above all, today he didn't even threw endless question at her about study. But as answer she received only a slight nod and a meek smile from him.

He drank a glass of water and sat on a wooden stool. Bondita too squatted infront of him cheerfully, "Birristra Babu, today I have made something special for you...." He looked at her drowsily as she forwarded a plate of Chitoi pitha(steamed pancakes) and a bowl of dal. He tried to take the plate from her but the very next second withdrew his hand, shrieking in pain.

Panic-stricken Bondita held his hand in a blink, saw his palms were scraped and swelled awfully. Tears generated in her eyes. Her tiny fingers gently caressed his palms. She cursed herself for his miserable condition. If she had not come to Tulsipur as Batuk's wife, perhaps all this would not have happened. Like before, Anirudh would have stayed in RC haveli, instead of being homeless and having to work so hard day and night. A drop of tear cascaded her eyes and touched his skin which alerted him. He pulled her face up to have a look. Brows furrowed quizzically. She folded hands before him sobbing, "I'm sorry Birristra Babu. You are going through so much for me. Because of me....you....th..this..." With her uneven breathe, tears started flowing nonstop. "I'm a bad omen in your life. You shou.. should go to Land...Landon...and......"