Chapter19

The most awaited yet so unwanted day arrived. Their wedding day. Brides and grooms got ready for their uncertain future, even though they were dying with apprehension....and pain of losing their love.

The brides and grooms were taken to wedding altar. But their charm was long lost. They stood looking into each other's eyes, lifelessly. All ready to perform the marriage rituals. That's when the firing of a gun and subsequently a strident voice roared compelling everyone's attention.

"She is my bloody wife...How on earth you dare to marry her..??"

Everyone gasped in amazement as the person in a fraction of a second pulled the bride of Anirudh away from him.

"Chandrachur!!" Anirudh mumbled looking at the person beyond disbelief. Quite stunned and bemused he was. What is he doing here? A massive fury clouded him as he growled, "Chandrachur...tread cautiously. First of all she isn't your wife, and how on earth you dared to touch her?!!" He strode to Chandrachur shouting. He was apoplectic with rage.

Chandrachur shrugged indifferently and let out a jeering laughter, "Mr. Anirudh you should be the one to tread cautiously. She is my wife...my love Noor Jahan..."

Everyone was bewildered, though, not troubling mind and vocal cord Anirudh approached Chandrachur and pulled the bride away from him, resulted in, the bride's veil fell down revealing her face.

"Saudamini!!!?"

Everyone was again rendered shock. Chandrachur took a step back and screamed frantically, "Who are you?Where's Noor?"

"Here" All looked back only to find Noor standing at the entrance of wedding altar, draped in her regular dress. Confused Trilochan approached her asking umpteenth of questions "Noor Beti, what is this? You should be in the mandap with Anirudh, but what's Saudamini doing in your place? Where did you go?"

"To save six lives.." She voiced, again attracting confused and curious eyes on her. "Kaka, You are the eldest here. Our gurdian. we all consider you like our father but do you know what actually your children want? Let us alone, do you know what your son Anirudh wants? Medical Science developed enough to save people from life-threatening illness..and by the grace of Allah doctor Shehzad saved Anirudh, but do you know even after getting back his life, Anirudh is dying every day now, maybe with a lot more pain than before? The soul crushing pain of losing love?"

Trilochan looked towards Anirudh who's expression was incoherent. Noor let out a hysterical chuckle, "Don't try to read him Kaka, they are master in hiding their pain and suppressing their true emotions. These two great yet so stupid Barrister wanted to do justice to a girl..who had died fifteen years ago...and in the process they didn't realise the everlasting injustice they were doing to themselves as well to the new Noor urf Jahanara who is completely different from the old one,and also to another lovebirds, who neither is able to express true feelings to each other nor is able to bear the pain of separation."

"Noor, don't beat around the bush..Get to the point" Trilochan implored unable to grasp anything.

"Doctor Shehzad and Jahanara loves each other. Not from today but for many years. They were about to get married that's when Jahanara became Noor, she recalled Noor's past. And Shehzad, being a doctor and a lover didn't want anything happen to his patient, his love. Thus he concealed the truth from Noor. I know I forgot my precious memories with doctor Shehzad but it's saying that memories may fade but not true love. True love always remains deep-seated in the heart. Noor, who died years ago has not the power to stop Jahanara's heart from beating Shehzad's name who's still alive deep down in her being. And therefore, Noor can't do injustice to Jahanara and doctor Shehzad."

Everyone, instead of getting offended developed a genuine smile. And Little Abrar jumped out of happiness, whereas doctor Shehzad started at her blankly unable to speak anything. Noor gave him a slight nod with teary eyes making his heart flutter in euphoria.