"𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢" -𝙻𝚒𝚕 𝙼𝚊𝚋𝚞

Layla Reed
Manhattan, NY📍

"mama can I just please skip today and go tomorrow?" I whined dragging my feet out of the house and towards the car. she locked our house door and turned on her heels toward me.

"Hell nah. You're attending a new school and you have to make a great first impression on new teachers. you don't want to start on their bad side now do you?". She explained and I shook my head no.

"Exactly. Girl, you'll be fine. You're a beautiful and smart young lady. I'm sure you'll make plenty of new friends here." She said. I just sighed as she unlocked the car door. I got in immediately slouching in the seat before pulling out my phone and scrolling through Instagram.

Today was unfortunately my first day at my new school. My mom and I moved to Manhattan from Baltimore almost two months ago for her job and so far I wasn't feeling it. it's so boring here. So hopefully this new school brings at least a Lil excitement back into my life.

-

time skip.

-

Walking into the school I immediately felt eyes on me. As I walked through the halls and I couldn't help but notice the girls whispering and pointing at me. I honestly didn't care tho. I know I'm a pretty girl. Bitches be so jealous.

I needed to find the office to receive my schedule. This was one big ass school. Way bigger than my last one.

I wandered the halls walking through the groups of students making sure to say excuse me. I was doing fine until I saw this group of boys slap-boxing in the middle of the hallway. It honestly made me nervous so I put my head down attempting to walk through them until I felt myself being bumped to the ground.

This couldn't be any more embarrassing. Falling in front of everyone on the first day is crazy. Everyone saw. I mean everyone. A few seconds later they burst into fits of laughter.

I just looked around embarrassed. Things like this usually didn't bother me but this is a NEW SCHOOL. I just can't get over that.

I tried to act unbothered while I picked up my books attempting to place them back in my bookbag until someone kicked them a few inches away, trying to embarrass me further.

"bro gets off her dick you whaling." A random voice said. I looked up to see this boy making his way over to me. We made eye contact for a few seconds before he began to help me pick up the rest of my things and helped me up off the ground.

"Yo you good my heart?" he asked making eye contact with me. He was cute. He was white which was surprising considering his somewhat heavy New York accent.

I took a few seconds to analyze him. He had on a white Polo button-up, khaki pants, and all black air forces which were a little creased but I ignored it looking back up at him.

"Hello?" you good ma?" he asked again snapping me out of my trance.

"Yeah, I'm good thanks for helping me by the way," I said with a slight smile.

"I'm also sorry for you to know what let me walk you to your class," he said I just nodded and followed him. "I have to go to Room 301," I told him.

"Me too. I also wanted to apologize for bumping into you and causing all that embarrassment. I saw it all in your face." he said looking over at me.

"Yeah, It was embarrassing but thank you for apologizing." I simply said.

"You look good as. you mind if I get your Instagram or something?" he quickly said as we were getting closer to the classroom. I stopped walking and held out my hand for his phone and gave him my ig. he's cute so why not?

We ended up sitting next to each other and talking almost the whole class. He also walked me to my classes for the rest of the day. Hopefully, this is the start of something great.

~

~

~

A/n: here yall go. I need 5-10 votes for Settdatrend and it's already written 👀. keep requesting who yall wanna read abt