2 - Not-So-Lovely Encounter (1)

Y/N's POV

"Hey, Y/N!" Sarah waves from the counter and I flash her a smile. Seriously, she's such a sight for sore eyes. Her hair is brown and long and her black glasses match her nerdy personality. 

I heard she's from a wealthy family but chose to work at the café because she wanted to experience a different life. I glance at Youngjae who occupies himself with cleaning the tables when deep down he must be thinking about her. I know that because one time I caught him taking a picture of her when she was reading a book in the corner of the café. I always tease him about that but today is his lucky day, I won't be talking about it. 

"You must have been busy," I say as I lean on the counter. "Thank you so much, I'll make sure to repay you somehow."

"Oh, no you don't have to. I'm more than happy to be of any help." Gosh, I love this girl. "June helped us a lot too, so we weren't too busy at all." She says, glancing in Sunoo's direction and I just know that she's aware of his feelings for her. That's not surprising knowing that Youngjae is the most obvious person when it comes to his emotions. I know him too well.

"That's a relief." I pause. "Speaking of June, have you seen her?"

"She's hiding from her high school crush who rejected her," Sarah says and I wince. "There he is." When I look at the guy she's pointing at, my lips form a thin, straight line. Ouch, he's handsome. "I'll go take his order and you stay here." She winks at me, playfully teasing me about the handsome guy.

I go behind the counter and start organizing the things scattered below. And on cue, the phone rings, making me clear my throat and take it. 

"Good afternoon, Petit Coin, how may I help you?" I hate talking on the phone, I do it all day and every day but it still makes me anxious for some reason. 

"Hello. I'd like to order two iced Americano." The man on the other side of the line says and I nod, writing it down. "Can you please deliver it to Judy Hills?" The familiar name makes my stomach drop and I frown. It's familiar because it's always on the news.

"Okay. Your order will arrive shortly, thank you for ordering." I say and wait until he thanks me and hangs up. 

Judy Hills? While thinking about it, I start making the drinks go and feel myself get nervous. It's a huge corporation everyone knows about, and its CEO is a hottie who usually comes on TV to speak about business and philanthropy. 

Whenever he appears on TV, I can't help but be intimidated by his intelligence and success. It's also hard to forget his eyes when he stares at the camera and fixes his tie in the most attractive way you'll ever see.

"Are you delivering this?" I hear Sunoo as he makes his way to me and I nod. "Mr. Choi said you can take the day off, why are you insisting on working? If I was you, I'd take the day off and just sleep."

"I can handle it, you know? Besides, you're always sleeping." I scoff and take off my apron before I grab the drinks from the counter. "Or do you want me to go so you can have Sarah all to yourself?" Okay, I couldn't help it. 

"Fuck you." He whispers and I raise an eyebrow, making him roll his eyes in defeat. "You're impossible. Where are you going?"

"Judy Hills."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Sunoo is really taken aback this time. His eyes widen and he looks at me as if I've just announced that I'm meeting a celebrity. "That's like a one-in-a-million opportunity. You better make the best impression, we need to get their business as a regular customer."

"You're dreaming." I roll my eyes playfully, but deep down, I know he's right. This could be a game-changing moment for our coffee shop. "Anyways, I'm going. I can't be late or I don't know what might happen."