36 - Favorite Color

Heeseung's POV

Brown is my favorite color. Not because it's the color of warm chocolate or any of the clichés people often associate with it. No, it's my favorite color because of the way her eyes shine with that gorgeous shade of brown, drawing me in as she fights to keep them open. "Pretty," I call, my fingers tracing the contours of her face, following the path of her delicate cheekbones. She smiles and her eyelashes brush against my fingertips, like a soft whisper. "How do you feel?"

She's naked, but all I can think about is how her smile is a masterpiece, painting my world with joy and warmth. I just had the best sex in my life, but all I want is to hold her close and enjoy the tender feeling of her being right next to me. "Good." She breathes and her voice, like a gentle melody, lingers in the air, intertwining with the beating of our hearts.

I lean in, my lips grazing against her forehead, leaving a gentle kiss. "You're beautiful," I whisper softly and she kisses the tip of my nose, making me want to kick my feet like a little child overwhelmed with joy. At this moment, I feel an incredible sense of contentment and a desire to savor every precious second with her.

And so I realize that I can never be scared of loving her. The fear that once lingered within me has been replaced by a strong desire for being hers. My demons could take all of me yet she'll always be on my mind, haunting me so beautifully that I forget I was ever broken. So I whisper those three words again, those words that hold the weight of a lifetime of devotion, and her eyes flutter open. She looks surprised but me loving her is no surprise. She's so imperfectly perfect that it's impossible not to fall in love with every part of her. Her flaws are not even flaws, only mere brushstrokes in the masterpiece of her existence.

"I love you." She says, her hand cupping my cheek while she strokes it with her thumb. She really ignites a fire within me, making the warmth spread from my skin to the depths of my soul. "I really do."

We lay there, bodies intertwined and hearts entwined. I'm whole again.

A few days later, I'm in my room, getting ready for a grand event. I never liked events or parties, but Y/N insisted I deserved to go to one, so I'm attending it with her. I glance at myself in the mirror, adjusting my tie and straightening my jacket. I'm ready as long as she's there for me, and I know she'll always be. She's back at home with her mother and Jake and I are picking them up in a few. I wonder what dress she chose, what color, what style, yet I know anything suits her perfectly. It's not clothes that make her beautiful, she could be wearing a simple white dress or a dazzling gown, and she would still captivate everyone around her.

Soon later, we arrive at her home, and when I knock on the door, Y/N steps out, making me hold my breath. She's dressed in a royal blue gown that clings to her every curve and echoes the depths of her mesmerizing eyes. It cascades down, trailing behind her like a river of midnight stars, and she moves with so much elegance as she approaches me. "How do I look?"

Where do I even start? I'm at a loss for words as I drink in the sight of her. My heart swells with admiration, and a smile tugs at the corners of my lips. "Breathtaking," I finally manage to say, my voice filled with genuine awe. "You look absolutely breathtaking, Y/N."

I hold out my hand, and she slips her fingers into mine when her mother steps out of the place. "Hello, Heeseung. Thank you for inviting me."

"The pleasure is all mine, Ms. Baek. I must say you look beautiful." I can tell from whom Y/N got all that beauty.

She waves her hand dismissively. "Oh, please, you're too kind. Thank you for the compliment." Then she looks between Y/N and me and I can tell she's happy for her daughter, but she's also happy for me. Just how much love does this little family have to give?

Jake watches us from the car before we get inside and he drives us to Judy Hills' Hotel where the event is taking place. When we arrive, I open the door for the two ladies and smile at them. "Shall we?" I offer my arm to Ms. Baek and she accepts with a gracious nod. Y/N takes my other arm, and together, we step into the vibrant world of the event, surrounded by enchanting melodies and the twinkle of laughter. We glide through the crowd while I catch people whispering to each other as we make our way to the middle of the place, their eyes lingering on our trio.

Y/N squeezes my arm and right then, she has my undivided attention. She's smiling up at me, her eyes sparkling. "The place is so beautiful. I've never been to such an event before."

"You deserve nothing but the best, pretty." One would tell I'm smiling for the cameras, but the cameras are the last thing I'm thinking about right now. "You're the most beautiful woman here tonight."

A playful blush tinges on her cheeks, and she shyly lowers her gaze before meeting my eyes once more. "You always know how to make me feel special."

"You are special. In every sense of the word."

Everything is real and I don't have to fake anything. I haven't felt this way since a long time ago, damn, I'm happy. In ways I never thought possible. And I want to make her happy, to see the smile painted on her face grow brighter.

"Mr. Lee, congratulations on being the new chairman!" The director of the Hotel, Alexander Caldwell, walks to us with a few familiar faces following after him. "I never thought you'd actually come."

"Thank you, Mr. Caldwell. I wouldn't miss such a beautiful event, would I?"

"It's an honor to have you here, Mr. Lee." He smiles and then turns to Y/N before he extends his hand to her. "And you must be Baek Y/N, Heeseung's wife. Congratulations to both of you."

Y/N takes his hand, her smile radiant. "Thank you. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"And this lady is Mrs. Baek," I turn to Y/N's mother who smiles at him. "The new owner of Blossom Haven."

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Congratulations, I'm looking forward to working with you." He shakes her hand but she looks at me in confusion along with Y/N who's frowning. I mouth 'surprise' when her eyes widen and I just love the sight. "Well, I hope you have a good time tonight."

"Thank you, Mr. Caldwell. We certainly will," I reply, a grin spreading across my face. And when he moves away to greet other guests, I turn to Ms. Baek who seems as confused as Y/N is. "I'm sorry this is all so sudden, but I wanted to surprise you."

She gasps, her hands finding their way over her mouth. Y/N holds my arm and turns me to her, confusion etched on her face. "Is this what I think it is? You... wait, you bought Blossom Haven for my mom? How... how did you even...?"

"I saw you looking up flower shops and I did a little research. Your mother only posts flowers and you on her account." It was easy to put things together and realize that Y/N has been working so hard to fulfill her mother's wish.

Y/N's lips tremble as she tries to find the right words. "You stalked my mother?"

I laugh, shaking my head as she gazes at me. "Let's call it investigative curiosity. I happened to stumble upon her beautiful flower-filled world."

Her frown softens, replaced by something I can't describe. Tears well up in her eyes and I reach my hand to wipe that one tear that falls down her cheek. "Heeseung, I never expected... I don't know what to say. How can I even thank you?"

"Seeing you happy and fulfilled is enough for me. Blossom Haven is now in good hands, and I know you will do amazing things with it." I say and turn to her mother who's still overwhelmed with emotions. "I hope this brings you joy and allows you to live out your passion for flowers.

"Thank you, Heeseung, from the bottom of my heart. This means the world to me. I can't even express how grateful I am for your generosity and thoughtfulness."

I smile warmly at her, my heart swelling with warmth. "It's my pleasure, Ms. Baek. You've raised an incredible daughter, and I wanted to do something special for both of you."

"Thank you, for everything." Y/N's arms wrap around me and I rest my hands on her waist. Then she pulls away, her arms still around my neck as she looks into my eyes. "I love you so much."

I smile. Brown remains my favorite color because it is the color of her eyes, the color of love reflected back at me.