1.

"Sol!"

I heard my mom call my name and I went to her.

"What's up?"

"I have some news." She says beaming.

I raise my eyebrow and wait for her to continue.

"We're moving!" She squeals.

I look at her deadpan as she stops her celebration.

"Aren't you excited?"

"I would be if this wasn't the 4th time in the past two months." I say.

"Come on, this place seems like the perfect place for you and me." She says grabbing my hands.

"Alright ma, when are we moving?" I ask and her smile falters a bit.

"Tomorrow."

"What?!"

.

..

...

"Sol! I need your help with these boxes." I rush over to the truck and carry some boxes and place them in their designated area.

We finish in a couple more hours and I pass out on my mattress.

"Sol! Dinners here!" She yells and I shoot out of my bed.

I head into the kitchen and stare at the boxes of pizza in front of me.

"So ma how did you afford this place? It's huge." I say biting into a slice.

"Just say you think I'm broke." She says with an eyeroll.

"No but look at the size of this place." I say.

"It's was your dad's." She says and I nod.

"Come on, I need to show you something." She says and walks me upstairs.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"You'll see."

She takes me all the way to the roof and I gaze at the scenery in front of me.

"Killer view." I say.

"Yeah, I also have this to show you." She says and slides me a pamphlet.

Holland Crest University

"Mom you're joking? This place is legit, their writing programme is amazing."

"I'm 100% serious, they have an open day tomorrow. You can check it out."

"But you have an early shift tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yeah that's why you're taking your car." She says and drops keys in my hand.

"You're kidding." I say and she shakes her head.

"Nope, come on we have an early day tomorrow, we should rest."

We walk down and depart into our rooms.

"Night flower."

"Night moon."

My mama's name is Selene and my name means flower.

.

..

...

My alarm beeps and I fight the urge to throw it against the wall before getting up and going into the shower.

I put my curly hair in a bun as I finish getting ready and put on my sports bra and shorts. I hit the streets rounding the corner and see another girl running in front of me across the road.

What was hidden deep.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara