3.

Soleil POV

Maude and I became quick friends like she predicted and hung out all the time.

She would take me places so I could find inspiration for my writing deadlines and I'd be her muse for her art ones.

We mixed so well.

"Sooo there's a party tonight." She says.

"Cool." I say as I continue to type pushing my glasses up.

"Come on Sol let's go." She pleads.

"Fine. What time is it?"

"Don't worry about that, just know you're coming over to my house." She says and takes me with her.

"Now!?"

"The sooner the better."

.

..

We made it to her house and I sat on her bed finishing my page as I heard her throw her things around.

"I don't know what to wear."

"That's crazy."

"Should I match with my hair or eyes? Would it be weird to do either?!"

"Hmm."

"I think I saw and alien outside."

"It's 100% your color."

"Soleil! Are you even listening?"

"Girl you know I'm not." I say finally looking up.

I roll my eyes and get up, trudging through the items she left on the floor before picking one up and throwing it at her.

"Pair those up with silver shoes and jewelery, then white eyeliner and you're golden."

"You sure you don't want to switch to being a fashion major?" She says jokingly.

"Nope, I enjoy writing and the homeless aesthetic that comes with it." I tell her.

"Of course you do." She says and I could hear her eyeroll.

"Now it's your turn." She says and closes my laptop.

"Uggggh."

I take out a very short light purple dress, and find some white strappy heels to go with. I put on eyeshadow that matches the dress and white liner around it.

I finish up and show Maude.

"God I could kiss you right now."

"What?" I ask knowing fully well I heard that.

"You look smoking my god! The guys are gonna be all over you." She says much to my displeasure.

"Come on let's head out." I say.

"Woah woah, we need to be fashionably late and fed. If we go there starving who knows where the night might take us." She says.

She dials a local pizza restaurant and I sit down.

"I swear with all the takeout I'm eating I'm going to gain weight." I mutter leaning on my hands.

"Now we wait."

.

..

...

After making sure we were satisfied but still had enough to drink the whole night we made it to the party.

"It's pretty close to the woods don't you think?" I ask.

"Yeah so don't stray." She says jokingly grabbing my hand and walking us through.