4.

Soleil POV

I left early the next morning, leaving a note for her before going back to their door.

I knock twice before it swings open and Casey stands there.

"She's back." He said letting me through.

"Thanks."

I watch them all slowly descend before they separate and she approaches me.

"Let's talk outside." She says ushering me out the other door.

"I just wanted to thank you for yesterday." I tell her and she nods.

"It's no problem, I just have a question." She asks. "How did you know it was me? I mean last I checked you didnt believe in this, in me. In us, so how did you figure?"

She asks and I stand there unresponsive.

I nod my head before we make eye contact and I give her a small smile before leaving her house, heading home.

"Soleil! Jesus Christ where have you been?!" My mom asks stalking to me.

Shit.

"I was at Maude's house, she needed me ma." I tell her.

Her demeanor softens.

"What happened?" She asks and I sit down before telling her.

"Is she okay?" She asks and I nod.

"Are you?" I blink backs tears as I take a deep breathe.

"I'm fine ma, I just want to get this day over with." I tell her.

She puts her hands on my face and slowly kisses my forehead, stroking my cheeks in the process.

"You don't have to be strong for anyone." She tells me and I hug her.

.

..

I finish getting my books from my locker and shut it to find them waiting for me.

"Hey." Venus's boyfriend greets.

"Jesus you guys scared me. Do you need anything?" I ask them walking to class.

"You know what we want."

"Well I'm not doing this with all of you." I tell her.

"Fine, Damon stay. You'll see us later." She says kissing his cheek and nodding at me.

"So what? You're gonna try woo me here? It's not gonna work." I tell him with an eyeroll.

"You sure? Soleil, I need you to know we never intended you any harm. We just wanted to help you find your way, your true way with us. We care and only want to protect you." He says staring deeply into my eyes.

"Hey Sol." I break eye contact and see Maude, I quickly rush her in a hug.

"Hey, how you feeling?" I ask her.

"I'm feeling better, uh new friend?" She asks indicating at Damon.

"Uh something like that, we're just talking about some stuff. I'll see you later okay? Usual spot." I ask and she nods.

"Be careful, you're making her jealous." He tells me.

"What?"

"You heard me, I could smell it off her. She's totally into you." He says leaning on a locker and smirking at me.

"Whatever, and I'm not one of you." I tell him.

"You do realize no human would approach a wolf like that right? Better yet no humans hearing is that good to hear her friend in the woods many meters away from where she was standing. Right? Not to mention the music that was in the background. "