12.

Venus POV

Cole had been pacing since Oak had cleaned up the blood Sol was stained with and I continued to watch her before she tired herself out.

She finally sat down and I went over to her and placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Please don't. We don't know if she's going to be okay." She says to me.

"Her still breathing means she will, it'll just take some time." I reassure her.

She nods and I take that as my cue.

"I'll be back later." I closing the door behind me.

.

..

I find her waiting for me and she gulps as I approach.

"You have it?" I ask and she nods.

She hands me the USB and I pack it in my pocket before reaching in my other one and handing her a stack of money and a cheque.

"Did I do the right thing?" She asks me.

"You tell me Cora."

"I just betrayed the human race for a bunch of wolves!"

"A pack and the only thing you did was report inhuman treatment. I can't believe I'm going to use this as my example, but no one would ever want what they did to her happen on a dog or a tiger because they know they're living things. And they deserve to be treated as such, those people have done enough damage."

"Maybe you won't realize it now but you saved a life even if was a wolf's so thank you." I say walking away.

.

..

I made it back home and found Kaia and Kion entering the house.

"Where's your mom?"

"On her way back now." Kion answers and I nod.

I make a cup of coffee and sit down, waiting for the mother.

She arrives and looks at me suspiciously.

"What's up?" She asks.

"What happened in the woods that night?" I ask and she sighs.

"That blond and her friend were roaming the woods. I saw them and went the other way, they followed me to the lake and shot me." She lifts up her shirt and showed me the wound.

"It was a bitch to heal and that's when I attacked. Not only was it self defense but they were on pack territory so it was my right to eliminate them." She finishes.

I nod before taking a sip.

"That's going to be on hell of a story to explain to the press." I say.

"What do you mean?" Kaia asks.

.

..

The next day I had turned on the news and waited.

The rest found me sitting and looked at me curious.

"Aren't we going?"

"Come sit." I say patting the space next to me that they fill.

The news proceeds as normal before the leading anchor man comes back on.

Back to Quinn Holland's story with the wolf attack, Ms Holland has come forward with evidence that these creatures do exist.

Play the tape.

It pans to Sol in the cage and I could hear Maude growl from beside me.

She was on the floor clutching herself probably trying to stop Eclipse from coming through and that's when her body started to twist and she shifted into her white wolf on the news.