Murder of My Beloved

Roxy:

Roxy's POV

Roxy's POV

 Everywhere I turn there are people, so many people. The streets are buzzing loudly. I've been secluded in my room for over two months. Grieving over my loss to the only family I had left, my father. I had just arrived home from summer camp when I heard the news. I hid in the house for days, those days turned into weeks, which became an entire two months. I made the mistake of leaving my bedroom light on while I was taking a shower. After I got out the shower I put on my clothes and began drying my hair. I opened the bathroom door with one hand and slid the towel over my face. When I had removed it, I found a gun pointed straight at my heart.

 To say I was scared was an understatement.  Turns out, it was just the police. The neighbors thought someone had broken in. They took me to the police station and proceeded to call my stepmother Griselda. My father met her at an art gallery and after 2 months announced that the wedding would be the next weekend. Sadly, it was the weekend I had to leave on my camping trip, so I couldn't make it. Apparently she has a daughter from her previous marriage. Can't wait to see what she's like. Her name is Ashley.

We walk to the car she had bought with my dad's money. Technically, it was my money.

 However since she was my legal guardian, she was allowed to use it. My dad was extremely rich. He had made his will before he met Griselda, so all of his money, as well as his company, went to me. The only problem, I couldn't have it until I turn eighteen which is in 6 months. So for now, my dear stepmother is able to buy whatever she wants and get money from the company. My uncle in making sure everything is okay while we're here, one hundred miles from my home.

 We pull up to my new house for the next six months of my life. Scratch that, I meant mansion. The funny thing is, I could have sworn Griselda was a middle-class woman who worked overnight to have enough money. So how she had this place I had no idea. She walks into the house and puts down her purse on the table next to the door. She turns to me and looks at me with distaste.

"Your room is upstairs on the fourth floor." She snarled at me, proposing that she disliked me. And not just a normal snarl, she sounded like an angry dog about the chew my head off.

"Umm... okay?" I say with a raised eyebrow.

"Why are you still here?" she snapped

"I'm going gosh women!" I mumbled.

            After walking three flights of stairs and going down a long hallway, I reach a door. On it are the words 'Living Space of Rosy Lake.' It took me a second to realize that it was meant to be my name. Seriously, though, how do you mess up my name? It's Roxy Blake, simple right? I'll fix that later. Ashley came up behind me and told me to go check out my new place. I stepped through the door and began walking around.

"The kitchen is stalked and you've got new clothes in your closet."

"Oh okay, thanks," I say giving her a small smile.

"Whatever," She grunts before turning around a slamming the door.

            Oh wait I forgot to ask her about school. I walk towards the door and turn the knob. It's locked. It's odd because there is no lock. The only lock is...on the outside! The little rat! No wonder there is a kitchen on this floor; they don't want me to leave. It's pretty much a hallway with three doors. One leads to the bathroom, another to the kitchen, and the last one is to my bedroom. All three rooms are white with no decorations. My bed is flaccid and squeaky. There were pretty much only the fundamentals up here. My living space is poor next to the rest of the house. They have totally implicated that they hate me. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there's another stepsister who is away right now. I think my life is now a Cinderella story.

            Something was very enigmatic about them. I mean they could have at least amplified the colors. I mean they are just acting plain despicable with me. What's quite wary is that I thought I was actually going to get along with these random people I just met. Wait, there's another door at the end of the hall. I open the door and for inside. Awesome it's a library! I wanna see what book it has.

            You've got to be kidding me, they're all school books! She expects me to learn from the book instead of sending me to school! This is awful, I can't live like this! I can't let them know I hate it though. I'll just work with it and figure something out later. I can't draw any attention to myself though. It could be potentially critical if I want to escape.

            I walk into me room and go through my new closet. Not much is here seeing as they don't want me here in the first place. There are just some dark blue jeans and a few t-shirts. They didn't bother buying me any jewelry or dresses. Not that I'd wear any of it.  I hear mumbling coming from below me. It's coming from the vent on the floor. Putting my ear close to it, I listen.

            "We've got to get rid of her," Griselda says.

            "Obviously, if she's still alive by her eighteenth birthday, all the money will go to her!" Ashley says.

"Who cares, we can deal with her."

"Of course, we can, she only one girl with no social life."

"This time, it should be easy."

"Well duh mom, we've already murder two grown men. We can take her down."

I freeze. They're talking about me, I think. This is really bad.

"We've already killed George and her father. All we have to do is kill her and then the money is all ours."

 Those good for nothing gold diggers! She just marries men for money. Gregory was her first late husband. He was loaded with money. Fortunately, all the money he had went to his brother who had a family of his own. My father however, gave all his money to me. Because I am a minor I can't have the money yet. So she figures that if she gets rid of me, the money will go to her. I've got to get out of here! And more importantly, she murdered my father! The one person I loved in the world and the very people I live with killed him! This is bad, very, very bad.