A Soundless Battle ~ Not Another Fairy Tale

Carla walks down the deserted halls. Everyone has already gone for lunch. She had to stay behind and ask the teacher about extra credit. She was never the smartest kid, or the most welcoming. But she's a good person. See, she has Autism, it makes it harder for her to learn the material given. So she was always at the bottom of her class. Not that anyone knew her grades. But the first pumps in the air whenever you get a good grade had been done by everyone but her, in every class.

There was a time when she worked day and night to be at the top of her class. When she finished climbing the grading ladder the exhaustion came. The next day she walked through school proud of her grades, going through her last day at the school cafeteria before summer.

As she stood in line, she began to feel dizzy. Carla ran into the soccer teams star player, Tyson. Tyson stopped and turned around. He paused ever so slightly to look at Carla. Tyson might be a star but he always looked out for friends.

"Hey, you okay?"

"Er, yeah just a bit of a headache."

"Come on, let's go sit down." He gently shoved Carla towards the door.

Carla and Tyson were a pretty tight knit team. They were only a grade apart. Now, Tyson was quite a popular kid; while Carla preferred to stay to herself. Despite Tyson's 'popularity' he hated that people talked to him just because he was a star player. So, he just stuck with his sister.

For these reasons and more Carla and Tyson ate outside. The one lone picnic table was perfect for them to eat on. Mostly because it was so old and small, no one tried to sit with them. A few people were around, listening to music, drawing under a tree; but for the most part, it was quite. As usual, they're bags were filled with delicious foods. Having a chef for a dad had its perks.

As Carla ate the food, her headache got worse. Not wanting to alarm her brother, she stayed quiet. She figured she'd just go to the nurse's office when she was finished. Still, her eyes drooped and her actions slowed. Tyson, how had been busy shoving food down his throat, paused. He looked at his sister worriedly.

He knew his sister had been staying up later to study. He didn't really think much of it, he knew she had to work a bit harder than most people their age. He swore to himself that next year he would help her stay up. High school grades are critical for getting into a good college, but he had to help her. Of course you also have to be active in the community, but they wouldn't have any trouble with that. Both of them volunteer at 5 different places throughout the week.

She finished her food and got up to put it in the recycle bin near the bench. Her plastic that wrapped the food. She hated wasting food. She stumbled towards the table after dumping her trash in the correct bin. Her brother, who had also stood up, turned around. She crashed into him, barely conscious.

Tyson caught his sister as her legs buckled beneath her. He held her to his chest, before grabbing her legs and hoisting her up. He then began walking towards the school. A guy from his team was coming back from having lunch with his older brother who went to the high school ten minutes away. The high school he'd be going to after this summer.

"Hey man, hold the door for me!" Tyson called.

"Sure thing bro," his teammate, Lennon replied.

Tyson rushed through the doors sending a quick thanks over his shoulder. It just so happened that the nurse's office was on the other side of the school. Still he walked worriedly glancing down at his now unconscious younger sister. He dodged other kids coming from lunch to go to their last class of the day.

Now the doors in this school were heavy, you needed arm strength. Since his arms were currently occupied, he resorted to kicking the door. The nurse inside however, was sporting earphones. A girl from Carla's math class saw her limp in her brother's arms and quickly came over. It still stands that Carla preferred to be alone, but some kids can be nice to other people besides their friends.

Tyson thanked her entering the now cleared doorway with haste. The nurse looked up from her computer and gasped, stopping what sounded like a song by Mozart. She stood up and rushed to look at Carla. Tyson shifted before sitting in a chair.

"She's fine, just exhausted. Can you call my parents to come pick us up?"

"Oh, yes. Of course dear. What are your names?"

"Fox, Tyson and Carla Fox."

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Tyson brought his sister up to her room, setting her on the bed. Honestly, his sister's room wasn't that much different from his. The only thing that might be noticed as a girl's room is how organized it was. The black and blue theme, the basketball posters, even most of the clothes she wore didn't exactly scream girl. Tyson glanced at her one more time before closing the door behind him.

Tyson walked downstairs and began straightening the living room. He might be a messy guy, but he always cleaned up after himself. That's how he was raised. His mother, who had been cleaning the kitchen walked out of it to see a spotless living room. Although she never saw them, she believed her little cleaning elves were always there.

She knew it was just her kids. But she called them her little elves because they always cleaned when no one was around. There were times when she came home and everything would be spotless. Being a stay at home mom, she normally just went out to the park when the house was empty. There was almost never anything to clean. The one thing she did do was wash laundry. But somehow, that always ended up folded and put away before she even realized they were done drying.

Of course this all seemed like a lot like a made up story. No seventh and eighth grader actually do that much for their mother, right? This is just some perfect fairy-tale, a boring story with no purpose. But that's where you'd be wrong. This story is different, not exactly smooth material. In fact, things got dark pretty quickly. All because of a greedy man, and one cold bullet.   

A/N: Hey Unique Peeps! Hope you enjoyed this story. It's actually a preview to the next chapter. So Yes you will know what happens. 

Signing Off ~ Ez

Vote 

Follow

Comment