The Shadow*

Re-Written on 2/16/1016 

            Pain, everyone tries to understand it. But only those truly hurt know of it. It's usually caused by something on the outside. The pain though, comes from deep within. It sits there, untapped. A single hand can reach out and break the protective glass. Then, whether they meant for it to happen or not, it is released.

           My pain, was unlocked by a man of evil. Huxley, his very name means an inhospitable place. Not only did he want to break the glass, he also wanted to end my life. Luckily He didn't get that far. After endless feelings of pain, I created a blockade. I resealed the pain in a stone of ice.

            If there was going to be any hope for our people. We had to leave. We left our people in the hands of Huxley, and I can't feel more ashamed. The worst part was leaving my best friend. Not even having the chance to say goodbye. I left, but I will return, someday.

6 Months Later

             I drive up to the black mail box with the green flag. I pull out the mail before sticking it in my left combat boot. I revive the engine and continue down the path. A three story house gradually comes into view. Once I reach my destination, I shut off my bike and hop off before leaning it against the door of our attached garage.

            This may be a splendid house, but it's not our home. My people aren't here, and I am invisible to the outside world. My schooling is done inside our library on the third floor. There's no need for me to leave the house. My parents rarely leave either, unless be need groceries of other essentials.

             Being a princess was and still is incredibly hard. I had to learn how to dance, curtsey, and eat in a proper manner. The proper etiquettes of a princess have been stuffed into my skull time and time again. Still that does not change me, the jean loving, candy eating, bike rider. Still, many places in the palace we still enjoyable. Like the garden, where I spend time with my mother when she's not busy. Or the training grounds, where I spar my father after he's finished with his work for the day.

            Mum comes from upstairs to greet me. I give her a kiss on the cheek and head into the kitchen for a snack. While walking, I look through the mail previously stuffed in my boot. Usually it's just our bills which can be easily paid. This time is different. A letter addressed to me peeps out of the pile, pleading to be opened. Forgetting my snack, I turn and walk towards the stairs, envelope in hand. As soon as I open the letter, I know who sent it. Only one person as the ability to make chicken scratch this bad, my best friend. I tear open the letter and read it over.

Dear SD,

                 I know you may wish to stay with your family, but we really need you here. I thought I could keep a few strings together on my own but I can't. You are the only one I can think of with enough skill and knowledge of battle. I know you are more than likely boiling mad at me, but hear me out. It was to see you leave. I would have cried in front of our strongest warrior, not to mention the king and queen. Don't ever think that I don't think of you every day. If you wish to aid us, I have encased a ticket for you to come home. The Plane will depart on the fifth of January. Please come back my loyal best friend.

Your Friend,

                         Richie

            I look at the calendar above my wooden desk to see the date. It's the twenty-ninth of December, which means I have a seven days to make up my mind. Yet, seven seconds of thought has given me my answer. I look at the alarm clock on my bed. Once again I'll arrive late. I don't want to triple that so I had better get going. I grab my blue backpack and helmet before heading downstairs to the front door.

"Mum, I'm going out for a ride!" I shout towards the kitchen.

"Be back before dinner sweetie." Her soft voice reaches my ears.

"Love You!" I say before closing the door behind me.

           I hop on my black and blue motorcycle and speed down the path. Ten minutes later I arrive at a clearing. This is where I train hardcore for an hour every day. At this point I have practically finished all my training. Today I will have a fight that will decide whether or not I'm ready. My mentor Angie meets me half way across the clearing and begins scolding me for being late. I nod every once in a while, taping my hands while during so. She finally stops when she realizes I wasn't listening. The call it shouted and the fight begins.

             Both me and Clair are set on winning, one of us will graduate, while the other must train for another full year. She glares at me, a glare so heating I thought she might go all superman on me. She makes the first move, but it's blocked. Another fist comes forward, aiming to make contact with my cheek. Quickly, I duck left and cover my face. She steps back and pauses enough for me to give a kick to her side. She steps further back to take a breather. While she's suspended I throw multiple jabs and punches her way. She comes back strong blocking them, along with giving me a jab in the eye. Her body lowers slightly, telling me she's preparing to sweep me off my feet with her leg. I do a backflip in the air while kicking the front of my boot under her chin. She falls backward, panting. She's too out of breath to get back up. So, after a five second countdown, I win.

            Angie raises my left hand above my head and the class claps. Tomorrow, I will graduate, and next week, I'll being heading back. To my home, my everything. Even if my mum and dad oppose, I have to take back my land. For good, and no one will get in my way. I am, The Shadow.

�)_�k5]:�!�