Chapter 10🦆

"BAKUGO'S GONE SOFT!"

"SHUT UP PINKY!"

/ / /

"I have a favor to ask of you."

"Why would I help you?"

"Because you want to see him suffer just as much as I do."

"...Go on then."

"There's this boy, I need you to get rid of him."

"I'm not committing a murder if that's what you're asking of me."

"Shut up you know what I meant."

"Will you be joining? Cause last I checked you're like a thousand miles away."

"Not for long."

"Oh?"

/ / /

"Alright then Problem children we're doing some training today. Shoto if you wanna sit this one out you can." The teacher nodded at Kazumi who nodded back.

"I'll participate, though I may be a bit rusty." He said.

"That's fine. Now let's go."

The class made their way to the changing rooms. Before Kazumi went through the door Aizawa held him back.

"Here's a gym uniform. It should be in your size, if not let Yaoyorozu know she can make you a new one."

"Who's that again?"

"Tall girl, black hair in a ponytail."

"Ah right."

"Ok I'll see you on the field kid."

Shoto nodded and went to change.

After they finished everyone walked over to the field and was waiting for the training to begin.

"Ok class. Today we'll be sparring! I have pre-assigned some groups for you all. Shoto you'll hang back with me, then you can decide who you'd like to take on depending on how comfortable you feel fighting with them."

"Yes sir."

"Ok then get into your groups..."

He listed off all the names; Shoto took note of Katsuki's partner, Tokoyami.

The boy walked over to his teacher. Sitting down on the bleachers next to him he hesitated before speaking.

"You mentioned meeting me when I was young, when was this?"

Aizawa thought for a moment before recalling the situation.

"It was a gala. You were maybe 5? You didn't have the scar though. Your father brought you because your mother was busy with your siblings who had all caught the flu. I always wondered how you and him didn't catch it as well."

Kazumi grimaced, he knew exactly why.

"My father never paid much attention to my mom and siblings. He distanced himself—and me—from them whenever he could. So I rarely got sick."

"Ah. Well then. At the gala you were sitting in a corner, very well behaved. I kept looking over to make sure you hadn't run off but you were still as a statue. I ended up approaching you to make sure you were ok.  Your father was nowhere to be found."

Shoto listen intently, he had no recollection of this moment so it was interesting to hear about it.

"You introduced yourself, and asked me who I was. Then you asked what my quirk was. I told you that I could erase people's quirks by looking at them. Your eyes lit up, you asked if I could erase your quirk so your mom wouldn't be sad and so your dad wouldn't hurt you anymore."

The man paused, unsure if this may be triggering to hear.

"And then?"

"I was shocked you already had your quirk so I asked you to show me. You froze the chair you were sitting on. I was surprised at how much control you had over it. Then you paused, I remember this moment well, your left hand was raised but you seemed hesitant. Eventually you dropped it to your side and said you didn't know how to defrost something once you froze it."

Kazumi's eyes widened, he thought for sure he would've used his fire at that age especially if it was before the scar.

"Oh."

"So yeah. I don't really know what happened afterwards just those key moments."

"I see, thank you."

"Yeah no problem."

They were silent as the sparring matches progressed.

/ / /

"Yes you'll see me sooner than you think."

"I can't wait then, how long has it been? Five years?"

"Mhm."

"Well I gotta go, mom's calling me for dinner."

"Ah ok, bye Niko."

"Bye Kara."