Chapter 16🔮

He didn't expect to see Bakugo here, much less with his partner. But this was the perfect opportunity to strike.

/ / /

"Kara."

"Niko? Why are you calling me? I thought you were at that football game your brother was playing in."

"I am. But you'll never guess who's here with me."

"...I'm not Akinator dude. Who is it?"

"Bakugo and his cute boyfriend."

"WHAT?!"

/ / /

"Katsuki It's really not that big a deal."

"You're a genius! Oh my god!" Bakugo had been fanboying over his boyfriend's intelligence for the last minute and a half.

Shoto, having grown tired of it connected there lips in the middle of the blond's sentence.

"You've probably never failed a test and- mph-"

The short kiss quickly turned long and intense. Kazumi snaked his hands around Bakugo's neck. Katsuki did the same around Shoto's waist. Only when they heard the chatting around them die down did they release.

Smacking his face lightly Kazumi shot his boyfriend a look saying 'just shut up.'

Said boyfriend just pouted and looked over at the field. The game had started a few seconds before they parted so the players were already in full game mode.

Bakugo took notice of how focused Niko was. This was probably really important to his brother. His oldest brother on the other hand looked more laid back in his seat.

"Katsu look!" Katsuki redirected his attention to the game. Natsuo was chasing the Harawa kid who was making his way to Tokoma's goal. Just as he aimed to score the white haired boy made a sharp turn in front of him and kicked the ball in a perpendicular direction to where the other player was aiming. His teammate took possession of it and in a second Natsuo was running back to the other side.

Fukashi's players were getting more aggressive by the minute. Clearly they chose to ignore the fact that Natsuo was stated as the best player. Niko's brother was also an amazing player however.

He managed to overpower Natsuo a fair few times, by getting in his blind spot and having his teammate send him the ball.

But when it came to running, the older Todoroki was simply better.

"SHOTO! WHERE ARE YOU BOY?!" A booming voice called out in the silent house.

Two young boys froze. One with white hair, the other red. A girl was there too, she didn't react. They watched silently as a child, no older than 7 ran from his room that was across theirs.

He sprinted into the yard and left through the back door. None of siblings moved as their father continued to call out. Then like a chain reaction, they all rushed out the door. The girl ran to the kitchen to intercept their father when he walked by. The oldest boy ran up the man himself to distract him. And the white haired one? He chased after the kid.

Down the streets and through alleys he never lost sight of him. Even with the head start. It was always like this, Shoto would run and Natsuo would chase him. The others would make sure Endeavor didn't know he was gone.

Natsuo always caught him, and gave him a piggyback ride as they ran back. The older didn't know why he kept trying.

One time.

One time he hadn't been quick enough.

One time their father realized Shoto wasn't home.

Because Natsuo was too slow.

And Shoto paid the price. He always does even when they aren't late, in the form of training but when he shows up panting and sweaty his father thinks he trained on his own. And goes easy on him. Maybe that's why he keeps doing this, but he isn't fast enough to come back alone.

Natsuo was too slow. And his brother paid the price. When Endeavor left the room he looked at his horrified kids.

"He reminded me of your mother."

That was all he said. Before leaving them to tend to their traumatized brother.

Natsuo was never late again.