Chapter 17⚽️

Natsuo was never late again.

/ / /

Shoto's eyes were fixated on his brother, he hadn't noticed the younger yet. But Kazumi sensed the familiar aura the white-haired male was emitting. It was similar to how his aura was when he carried his brother back to the house in a rush.

The two-toned boy's eyes narrowed, memories flashing through his mind.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...please...I'm sorry...I'll be faster next time...I'm so so sorry..." Natsuo mumbled these words over and over to Shoto's (thought to be) unconscious body. Touya wiped the blood off Shoto thighs, as Fuyumi handled the bruises and burns.

What they didn't know was Shoto could hear them, just couldn't open his eyes or move around. He didn't blame Natsuo, not even a bit. He blamed himself for running off, he shouldn't have done that. If he hadn't his father wouldn't have done this. And Natsuo wouldn't be crying over him right now.

"Oh sweet Shoto...little brother...this is all my fault...god why did I have to be so slow? If only I was 30 seconds quicker...if only...if only...if only..." He couldn't see but the peppermint-haired male assumed his brother was crying by the wet drops falling on his neck and the sound of sniffles.

"Natsu, it's ok. I'm sure Sho doesn't blame you for this." Touya finally spoke.

"Yeah, please don't blame yourself, it's all our bastard of a father's fault." Fuyumi ran her fingers through the candy cane hair. The 11 year old boy snapped his head to the side and glared at his siblings.

"IT IS MY FAULT! IF I HADN'T BEEN SO WEAK, SO SLOW, SO...SO PATHETIC! MAYBE SHOTO WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN RAPED. SURE HE WOULD'VE BEEN TRAINED AND THAT'S ALREADY BAD ENOUGH BUT HE KNOWS HOW TO TAKE THAT. BUT THIS?! THIS?! HE'S A LITTLE BOY! HE'S 7 GODDAMNIT! HE'LL HAVE THIS ON HIS CONSCIOUS FOREVER! AND HE KNOWS IT'S BECAUSE I COULDN'T SAVE HIM. I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING! I...I'm not worthy of his love or his forgiveness...and god you know the look he gave me as father dragged him into this godforsaken room? He looked at me, with those big wide eyes of his...so innocent...so pure...they filled with tears as understanding washed over him. He knew. I knew, he knew. His small lips were trembling...his small arms reached out to me helplessly, he needed me to save him. AND I COULDN'T DO IT!"

The boy stood up abruptly. Fresh tears poured down his cheeks, his siblings stared at him in shock. Fuyumi was now cradling Shoto's head in her lap. Touya was holding the bloody wipe, slowly, he crumpled it up in his fist.

"N-Natsu-nii?" A small voice called out. The older kids turned to the owner of it, the scarred boy. Natsuo clenched his teeth, and without a word he left the room. The youngest Todoroki tried to get up to follow him but was held back by his red-headed brother.

"No buddy, you need to rest. Natsuo is just a bit upset because he couldn't protect you from father." He explained, grabbing his hand.

"Natsu-nii blames himself?" He asks, Fuyumi sighs.

"Yes. But we told him it wasn't his fault, he'll come around soon."

The little boy nodded and closed his eyes, exhaustion catching up to him slowly. He fell asleep to the sounds of his older siblings whispering amongst each other.

Kazumi snapped out of his trance just in time to see Tokoma score their 2nd goal of the match. Fukashi seemed to be itching to punch Natsuo in the face, with the aggressive glares they sent him.

"Baby you ok?" Katsuki asked, placing a hand on his boyfriend's shoulder. Shoto nodded absentmindedly. Bakugo didn't seem convinced but dropped the matter.

The rest of the match went by smoothly. Other players managed to score a couple goals until the scores were 4-4. 5 minutes remained and Harawa was in possession of the ball once again.

Natsuo bolted towards him, flashbacks of that day coming back to him as he did.

faster...Faster...FASTER!

COME ON!

"NATSU-NII!"

"HELP ME IT HURTS!"

KEEP RUNNING

"Stop it please...I'm sorry..."

DON'T SLOW DOWN

"Ah Shoto glad to see you could join us."

He was too late.

"We'll be in my room if you need me."

"What? Why?"

"Do not question me."

Never again.

"...natsu?"

"Come on boy!"

NEVER AGAIN!

Pushing past his limits Natsuo caught up with the blue-haired boy and kicked the ball to his teammate who was already on that side of the field. Harawa and him were neck to neck as they sprinted to Fukashi's goal.

The ball made its way to them a few moments later.

"AHHH NO DADDY STOP! PLEASE IT HURTS!"

"BE QUIET AND TAKE IT."

"Daddy...please...I'm sorry..."

"YOU LOVE YOUR SIBLINGS RIGHT? WELL IT'S EITHER YOU OR THEM."

"I'll take it daddy...I'm sor-AHH!"

Fury fueled the Todoroki's veins and just as Harawa's foot made contact with the ball he swung his leg back and kicked the ball with all his strength into the goal.