Chapter 10

Ghost and I arrived back to the base to everyone already asleep and resting for the next days activities. The compound was quiet, besides Soap's loud snores reverberating around the main area.

I dimmed the main lights, completely confused as to how he was sleeping so well with the blinding fluorescents, and Ghost patted my shoulder. " Go get some rest for tomorrow," He whispered, " You'll need it."

" I have something I want your opinion on first," I replied back, grasping his hand.

His gloved fingers intertwined with my own as I led him towards a darkened hallway to the right. My free hand flicked the light switch for the hallway on, and we made the short walk to the door at the bottom of the narrow hall.

Once we reached it, I unlocked the door with my spare set of keys Alejandro had given me, and flicked the light for the room on. The ballistic dummies faced back at us, their silicone bodies shining in the fluorescent light.

I hit the second light switch, and half of the dummies begun moving back and forth on their trolley systems. Their paces ranged from slow to fast, mimicking enemy movements encountered in the field.

I released Ghost's hand, and stared up at him expectantly. " Can I have your throwing knives?" I asked.

Ghost stared back down at me in confusion, pulling three knives from his vest. " Why?" He asked.

" Like I said, I want your opinion. It's a project I've been working on when I'm by myself and have nothing else to do."

He relectantly handed over the three knives, and I took them cautiously. I walked up to the black and yellow line, and planted one foot in front of the other. I grabbed a single knife out of the bundle, and held it in my right hand, positioned and ready to throw.

" Count down for me."

Ghost positioned himself beside me, and cross his arms over his chest. " Five... Four... Three... Two...," He paused, and shot me a quick glance before returning his eyes to the room of dummies, " One."

The first knife left my hand in a flash, launching into one of the moving dummies head. In a swift motion, I grabbed the second, and it met it's own figure exactly where the heart would've been. I transferred the third knife into my right palm, and with the flick of my wrist, launched it into the head of the fastest moving ballistic dummy.

Silicone bits flew into the air with the final connection, and Ghost gave a low chuckle beside me. I turned to face him, just as he pulled three more knives from his vest. He gave me a look, and I could tell he had a huge smirk plastered underneath his mask.

He kept his eyes trained on me as he blinding tossed a single knife into the air, catching it with ease in his right hand. Before I could react, he swivelled his body around, and fired the three knives, barely skipping a beat as he discharged the weapons one by one through the air.

I blankly stared down the room, taking note he chose all three of my targets, in the exact same areas. Our knives were barely inches apart from one another, although his went deeper into the silicone moulds than mine.

We both turned to each other once more, and his usually cold eyes held nothing but admiration. " You're pretty good, but I've seen better," He commented, a joking tone to his voice.

" Oh? And who was that?" I played back, my lips twitching up into a smirk.

" Me."