I

It was September. Young blue eyed girl sat on the big tree which stood alone in the middle of meadow. The light autumn air was rustling and blowing in her hair. She sat there reading the book while listening to the humming stream nearby. She was just at the end of the chapter when she heard her name being called out.

"Rosalie! Rosalie!" she heard loud yell of her mothers voice. "I just cooked dinner why don't you come eat?"

"Coming!" she told her mother, getting off the tree.

She went inside, took her shoes off and headed to the kitchen. She placed down the book and sat down at the table where her mother was waiting for her already. She thanked her for handing salt to her and started eating.

"That's delicious mom. You are a riddicoulusly great cook. I can eat these forever" The girl said with her mouthful of food.

"Oh don't flatter me like that I will blush. But you for sure have the greatest cook in the whole world" Her mother smiled. "What were you reading today?"

"Alone" I stole it from your bookshelf. It was lovely" She said and smiled sarcastically. She and her mother had a very... weird relationship as everyone would say. They weren't all formal like everyone else. They were who they wanted to be in eachother's presense. They didn't have much of a mother-daughter relationship on daily baisis, they were acting more like best friends. That's what made it special.

"What's that smile about? It was a really good book"

"Yeah sure..." She smiled and then got serious "Will father be back home today?"

Her mother just sighed.

"I don't really know honey. Me and your father didn't talk very much in the past few days. You know he's got much work in the ministry."

"Well that's just a bullshit. He is probably sleeping around now. He was at 'work' for 3 days already."

"Rose! He's your dad! Don't talk about him like that."

"Father mom. He's my father not dad. He doesn't deserve that title. We're only related by blood and nothing else" The girl said with all of the stubborness she could find. Her mother just sighed. "I'm sorry but you know it's true. It happened twice already. You don't deserve to be treated like this.... Was he... always like that? " Her mother saddened

"No... he wasn't. He was a real gentleman when we first met. He would always at least once a week take me out on a nice dinner." She smiled a bit and continued "Everything changed tho when we got engaged. He would get mad over a really small things like when there was a smear on his shirt. And then when we got married he was starting to be abusive. But there was no going back anymore."

"Why can't we just run away far away from here and him." Rose frowned

"You know we can't. We wouldn't have a place to go. And besides I wouldn't be able to afford our stay anywhere. You know the prices are high and nobody would pay a woman enough for us to pay rent. In men eyes women are useful only to wash the dishes and do other housework."

She knew her mom was right. But she couldn't stop thinking about how their lives it would be if women had been treated the same way as men, if her father was different. All she ever wanted to live a happy life with her family not being scared of her mother's and hers safety. She was just 14 what did she do to deserve all of this?

"Men are trash."

"Agreed. You know I'm starting to think I put too much of stubborness and independence in you. You're a very smart girl, you will survive in this world I'm sure of that. And when you will need help I will always be here for you when you need me. Don't you ever forget that"

It was late and Rose was about to go to bed when she heard a door slam and yelling in the kitchen. She went closer to evesdrop but then she heard a loud bang.

And then silence.

The silence was so loud. Rose started to shake when there wasn't any voices and signs of a living to be heard. She then heard a loud noise which sounded like a metal falling. And then again. The door slam. She carefully closed the door of her room and slowly went down the stairs while praying that the old wooden floor wouldn't crunch. She looked around the living room and saw that the window of the front door was broken. Then she saw a piece of ministry uniform that was hanging on the door handle which meant that someone was trying to get out of there as fast as they could which overturned clothes hanger also told her. She was scared of what she will see in the kitchen, the place the noises from before came from. She walked in and momently regreted it. She stood there frightened before she ran to her mom's side who was lying in the pool of blood. The girl started crying so hard screaming for help even though she knew no one would be able to hear her. They lived in the middle of nothing after all. Crying her lungs out she was screaming and begging for her mother to wake up. She saw the phone and immadiately dialed first phone number that came up.

"Hello?" she heard on the other side of the phone. But the girl couldn't even say a word because of her panic attack. "Hey, hey, hey sweetie. You need to calm down okay?"

"My m-mom s-she-she..."

"Okay shhhh try to calm down honey okay? Breath out, breath in. Breat out, breath in..." She said a few times so the girl could calm down a bit to explain what happened to her. "Okay can you tell me now what's your name, how old are you?"

"It's Rosalie. I'm 14"

"Okay Rosalie what happened?"

"My mom she-she's dead"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Someone w-was here and-and-"

"Okay calm down honey tell me where are you"

The little girl was sitting in the front yard still crying over her tragic lost. Police arrived a few minutes ago and told her to rest in the bower outside. But how could she when someone just killed her mother? How could she? She was now overthinking, something she always used to do when her parents fought. She was thinking about what would happen if she went down before. Maybe her mom would still be there with her kissing her forehead for goodnight. But she wasn't there. She won't kiss her forehead again, she won't discuss with her about books again, she won't help her when she has problem again, she won't be there to talk when she needed it again. She just won't be there.

And it's her fault.

"Are you Rosaline?" The girl just nodded "Are you okay would be a stupid question to ask in this situation so let's leave the formals. I'm Eudoria. If I may ask where is your father honey?"

"I don't know."

After talking a little bit Eudoria decided to go check if police found something. She was walking now towards heading out now police. She really felt sorry for the girl and was determined to help her. She was too young for all of this.

"Hello? Did you find something?"

"I can't tell anything madam."

"For fucks sake" She muttered "Can you at least tell me if you found the girl's father?"

"We're working on it" He responded holding ignorant tone

"Of course you are" She said and walked away towards the girl.

She talked with Rose again until the police officer walked over to them.

"We have to take her." The policeman said and harshly gripped the girls arm on what Rose jumped

"What are you doing?"

"We're taking her to the orphanage"

"What? And now why would you do that?"

"The girls father is no where to be seen so we have to take her for an indefinite period"

When Rosalie heard that she tried to break away from the man's grip but it was to hard. She heard what happened to the kids there. And she definitely wasn't going there.

"There has to be another solution"

"I'm afraid that there's not. The only way is to find the girl foster family but who would want to take a useless child in. She's just a girl after all"