XIII

The Dowager. Rose knew they would have to confront her soon but she didn't expect it to happen THAT soon. She for sure was a crazy woman. Like who would have killed her own son over some stupid reform. Well the answer was standing now in the halls of the Tewkesbury mansion right in front of them.

"Grandmother?"

"I'm afraid yes." She looked around the room. "You have done quite a mess here haven't you?"

"What do you want." Rose asked. She already knew an answer to that question but she wanted to make sure if the woman was really that out of her mind. She stood in front of the 2 kids waiting for the elder woman to respond.

"Isn't it obvious. I don't want England to fall and with the dumb decisions of this boy and his recalcitrance to vote for the reform the good og the country may be treathened." she sighed "I didn't want to do this. Well it seems if nobody can do the dirty job for you you have to do it yourself." she picked up a gun.

"Where is my mother?" He asked scared that this crazy woman did something to her also.

"In London with your uncle. Looking for you. They wouldn't understand me. Sadly enough they may not be able to see you again. I'm sorry my darling. But when it comes to good of the country I will do whatever it takes to defend it. And I will get rid off people who wants to stand against me." She then raised the gun and in the last second young Tewkesbury managed to push Rose away so she wouldn't get shot but getting shot himself.

"No!" She and Enola screamed in union.

Enola run forward to the boy yelling in anger at the old woman. How could anyone be so cruel to kill their own grandson. She didn't understand it. Rose then started running forward to grab the gun from her so she won't be able to do anymore harm but before she could reach it she woman shot at her. Yet nothing happened. She run out of bullets. So that's how the end looked.

"My job is done here." she started smiling. Rose then turned around to see Enola clinging to the boy's dead body. Her heart shattered for the young teens. She could have seen from miles away that something special was going on between them. She felt so much guilt that it wasn't her that was killed but the boy. He had his whole life to live. He had his family searching for him in hope that they will find him eventually. But I am afraid it won't happen anymore. She walked closer to Enola and hugged her from behind checking boy's pulse which seemed. Completely fine?

"Wait-" she started but she was interrupted by the girl's loud scream. The woman then noticed that he was moving his hand. He wasn't dead. A few tears of happiness trailed off Rose's eyes when the boy woke up.

"I'm not as stupid as you thought I am." he grinned showing the metal plate underneath his suit. Enola hugged him immadiately. "You were made to fight." he said looking at Enola lost in each others eyes but they snapped out of it when the woman coughed reminding them of her presense a few seconds later. She grinned when she saw the both of them blushing like a tomato. The woman just smiled at the sight. Young love. It's so beautiful yet so brutal. She laughed at that and just patted the boy's shoulder.

"Good to have you back alive Tewkesbury." she patted his shoulder and winked at him laughing.

At the same time in London the one person who also seem interested in the Marquess case entered the place where he was suppsed to meet his great friend Lestrade. He was now walking towards his office when someone interrupted his thoughts

"Sir-"

"Don't be ridicuolus." he used his phrase.

He was now sitting in Lestrade's office talking to him about what he found out.

"2 questions. How did you come to the conclusion?" he asked curiously.

"It was a matter of divided allegiane and succession. If the boy died his uncle would take his plae in the House of Lords and oppose refrm and what it entails. As the dowager wished. The boy would vote for just like his father."

"Wouldn't it me more logical to suspet the uncle then?"

"In case of father or son?"

"Uh... father?"

"Look at his uniform in the newspaper photo. Medals on his chest. He was not even in country when the marquis's father died. He was serving in Afghanistan. It's so simple right? Just needed to take a closer look." he said and started heading out.

"Second question. How did Miss Leroy and your sister get here before you?"

"I'm sorry what?" he asked suprised.

He was now walking towards his house and whispered proudly.

"You really are extraordinary Miss Leroy."