VI

It was two days now since Enola left. Rose was now sitting in her room in boarding school. She decided to come back to pack some things for the journey that is supposed to start soon. In the morning she recived a letter from Sherlock that said

"They headed to London. I will explain more in person. I'll be there at 6 pm.

Sherlock Holmes."

It was now 5.40 pm and she was awaiting for Enola's brother arrival. All she wished was that they didn't have to ride together with Mycroft. She really couldn't stand him. She was now packing the savings from the inheritance she recieved after her grandparents and her mother when she heard her name being called out by noone other than Miss Harrison. The girl came down the stairs and the sight she saw made her froze in her place.

"Rose" She saw her boyfriend stand there in front of her.

"William" She couldn't say anything else. She was simply terrified.

The thing she didn't mention to anyone ever was that her boyfriend was abusive. She was scared that he would do something to her. He was the police officer and had people everywhere so who would have believed her words that the golden William Brace was hitting his girlfriend. Nobody. Definately not in the world like this.

"Since I practically raised you and I'm your legal guardian I figured you are old enough to finally find yourself a husband. William's father and I have decided that the wedding will take place in a month. All the contracts are already signed. Now all that is left is a grand wedding and formalities." said Miss Harrison.

"What no, no, no, no. Please. Please don't do this to me. I beg you I'm not ready for that marriage." Rose said desperately, panicking.

"Oh my dear, there's nothing to worry about. I know the marriage desicion can be a lot but I assure you are ready."

"No, no, no I'm not ready. Please don't do it. Please. You don't understand he's abus-" she stopped when she saw the sharp look on William's face. Oh she's fucked up.

"Can you please give us a moment Miss Harrison? I would like to talk to my girlfriend alone. I'm sure it's a lot for her but we will figure it out. Won't we Rose?" He said and the girl just nodded.

"Oh that's alright I will wait in my office." And without any other word he grabbed her arm and pulled her towards her room. He then locked the room and she just knew it's not going to end well.

"What do you think you're doing. What were you going to tell her? I asked you something didn't I?" she just shaked her head as a 'no'. "You weren't? Oh well that's funny isn't it because I heard you nearly say it. If you think you can ruin my career by saying some shit like that you are pathetic." she just looked at him. "Oh you're not going to say anything now?" Then it happened. He hit her straight in the face his ring leaving a slight cut. It hurt. But not exactly physically. He had done that way to many times for it to hurt. It hurt her emotionally. Why did she have to go through this. Her mother wouldn't be proud if she had seen her in a state like that. But she didn't speak up knowing that it would just make things worse.

"Maybe that will teach you some lesson." he said and with that he left.

She came to look at yourself in the mirror. Her state really was pathetic. She sweared to herself she would never get into any toxic relationship like her mother did and she broke that promise. She also told Enola that nobody can't force her to get married. It's funny how people who are advising often need that advise for themselves. That's when she made another silent promise hoping that she won't have to break that one. She won't marry William ever. If she has to she would even run away. But she won't marry him. Over her dead body. That's when she heard a loud knock on her bedroom door. She really hoped it wasn't Miss Harrison or William again. She checked how she looked again and covered the forming bruise on her cheek with her hair. She then went to open the door and the person who stood there happened to be

"Sherlock" she smiled glad to see him.

"Rose" he said and kissed her knuckles while looking at her. "Have you packed yet?" she nodded in response. "Shall we go then?"

"We shall" she responded and Sherlock took her luggage from her hand and headed outside. It was quite cold evening.

"I hope I won't get the pleasure to see your brother today." she grinned at him

"I don't think you will." He smiled back but a few moments later his smile turned into the frown. "What happened to your face?" He asked concerned, putting down the luggage and coming closer to the girl. That's when she realised that the wind blew her hair which caused to show the bruise.

"I don't know what you are talking about" she said and tried to walk towards the carriage again but Sherlock turned her back to him.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about" He said and carrased her soft cheek with his hand.

"It's nothing I just tripped today." she said too quickly and took his hand off her face.

"It doesn't look to me like tripping caused this." he said concerned. Sherlock and his damn zest for solving riddles. "And I know what I'm talking about. I'm detective after all."

"Let's focus on finding your sister and mother not on your ridicuolus suspicions. They may be in a greater danger than I am" she said not thinking what she was saying desperately trying to end the topic.

"So you're confirming that you are in danger?" he noticed.

"No I do not Sherlock. Just drop it." With that she carried away towards the carriage.